Grimoire Support Group

so far i´ve found 4 more containers
a barrel, a sack, a magic bag and a small chest called a pantry which I guess is only for foodstuff

Thanks. I need to keep an eye out for this stuff. I had the scroll case rolling around in my inventory for ages before I realised how useful it is!

so far i´ve found 4 more containers
a barrel, a sack, a magic bag and a small chest called a pantry which I guess is only for foodstuff

That's good to know. Maybe won't need to dump so much stuff now.

Found identification doesn't work too well sometimes, maybe i need improved identify which hasn't come around yet. Instead I bactracked to the oracle in the sanctuary and that worked. The pathfinder feature on the map makes that pretty quick anyway. A really nice idea, I reckon.

I started a new party yesterday, not intending to recruit NPCs this time. Problem is apart from being OP, and removing the challenge, NPCs take the skill level ups in things like mythology, scouting etc., which gimps the other characters.

Myself I feel that i´m too far in to start over so I´m probably stuck with little rosy and Raghilda by now but I do agrre that they are obscenly overpowered as to skills and mana

Might be worth to mention though that when i temporarily switched out Raghilda she came back without all the spells I thought her even those from lvl ups and I suppose all the skillgains

Might be worth to mention though that when i temporarily switched out Raghilda she came back without all the spells I thought her even those from lvl ups and I suppose all the skillgains

I'd heard that was happening. Sounds like fixing the NPCs would take more than a few lines of code and so may not happen imminently.

Don't make a Drow Wizard. Noticed they have poor mana regeneration. Somehow, Wolfins have surprisingly fast mana regen.

Yeah I second that. My drow wizard is one of the less useful members of the party.

Don't make a Drow Wizard. Noticed they have poor mana regeneration. Somehow, Wolfins have surprisingly fast mana regen.

Humans appear to have poor mana regeneration too. Looks like I didn't make the best choice in having a Drow Thaumaturge and a human cleric :). It does seem odd that Wolfin and barrower have much better mana regen and I reckon it's something that probably isn't intended - after all elves are the natural class for spell casters and they are clearly not suitable to be physical classes.

Yeah it was sheer luck on my part that I didn't pick a single human or drow in my entire party. I have to admit, I probably spent an hour just rolling up my eight guys, seeing which races seemed to be best disposed for which classes.

I wasn't fond of my giant warrior either and swapped him out for a burrower. Good strength but the item restrictions were annoying and if I remember right his agility was poor which meant bad penetration. My burrower is better, but currently completely outclassed by my saurian beserker. I think this may be a bug though - the berserk state seems to lock in place, and after the first battle the risk of friendly fire seems to drop to zero. This means he's regularly getting +20 damage (often at three attacks in one round) - much better than the warrior - and no drawbacks.

I wasn't fond of my giant warrior either and swapped him out for a burrower. Good strength but the item restrictions were annoying and if I remember right his agility was poor which meant bad penetration. My burrower is better, but currently completely outclassed by my saurian beserker. I think this may be a bug though - the berserk state seems to lock in place, and after the first battle the risk of friendly fire seems to drop to zero. This means he's regularly getting +20 damage (often at three attacks in one round) - much better than the warrior - and no drawbacks.

I think beserk may be intended to lock - at least for a while. A similar thing happens when you choose hide. In Wiz 7 hiding was also persistent, but not usually for more than a few turns. And it would be a pain if you had to switch to the beserk skill every other round. Not sure whether beserk is intended to stay locked over multiple encounters though, but maybe it is.

Thanks Roq. At the minute it basically just locks in place indefinitely as far as I can tell - at least until you reload a save! The first couple of attacks in the encounter that you trigger berserk seem to run the risk of hitting another member of the party, but in subsequent encounters (where berserk remains in place) friendly fire never seems to happen. Something isn't quite right with it I think, although I can see why it would be useful not to have turn it on every round. I guess it's meant to work once per encounter, but who knows.

Last edited:
I stopped using berserk after that fighter almost slayed my warrior at like level two I think it was, then I put points into lethal and never looked back. Lethal is kind of....well, lethal!

At some point, you guys should combine your impressions into something resembling a review. If you do, we'll publish it on the front page.

I can certainly give a brief overview on my thoughts of the game, if wanted. If you enjoyed Wizardry's five - eight, or any of the later Might and magic games in the same flavour, I believe you'd enjoy Grimoire. If you are going to get the game, you might want to chat with a person or two before you create a party on what combinations NOT to use for races/classes. I keep hearing about a major update that is supposed to be happening at some point and, if you've not purchased it by now, maybe holding off until that update hits would be a wise decision.

With all that said, the game is perfectly playable now, at least I've not had any major issues in my slighting under forty hours' worth of play. If the nineties turn based fantasy games rocked your world, this one would likely do the same, imo.

That sounds like a balanced conclusion to fit a review, or an impressions article. All we need know is bit of more text preceding it :)

Thanks Roq. At the minute it basically just locks in place indefinitely as far as I can tell - at least until you reload a save! The first couple of attacks in the encounter that you trigger berserk seem to run the risk of hitting another member of the party, but in subsequent encounters (where berserk remains in place) friendly fire never seems to happen. Something isn't quite right with it I think, although I can see why it would be useful not to have turn it on every round. I guess it's meant to work once per encounter, but who knows.

Report it to Cleve via steam.

I keep hearing about a major update that is supposed to be happening at some point and, if you've not purchased it by now, maybe holding off until that update hits would be a wise decision.

Holding off on Grimoire? Carny, it sounds like you're a gambling man.

Back
Top Bottom