Games that shouldn't have stopped getting sequels

Er ???
King bounty is getting another sequel and how do you know that Battle Brothers won't be getting a sequel ?

Wait, what? There's a new Kings Bounty coming? I've missed that. When? New engine? I'm currently playing KB:Tds…

Lots of great games on these lists…but I'm also confused by some. I'm pretty sure TES5 will get a sequel (but PB might have made a joke I simply didn't understand?) Also, weren't we supposed to list games that actually had at least one sequel but deserved more?

EDIT: Looking up 1C games (the developer of Kings Bounty) I noticed a game missing on all lists. Space Rangers 2. That one NEEDS a sequel.

Last edited:
I would like a sequel for
-Starflight 2
-Star Control 2 (Accolades Star Control 3 doesn't count, nor does Star Control: Origins)
-Betrayal at Krondor is a no brainer
-Not technically a sequel but I would like to see a modern re-interpretation of Centauri Alliance
-Beneath a Steel Sky
-Space Quest, Kings Quest, Quest for Glory, Conquests series followups
-A modern take on SimEarth
-Dark Sun
-Cyber Empires
-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and the sequels remade
-Impossible Mission 2
-Albion
-Darkstone
-Fallout 2
-Buck Rogers
-A Baldurs Gate 2 like game set in the forgotten realms that is comparable in quality

Since nobody mentions JRPGs:
- Suikoden
- Wild Arms
- Shadow Hearts
- Grandia
- Front Mission

Well, I did! See post no. 6

By the way, thumbs up for remembering Grandia and Front Misssion :)

Loads of great games listed, agree with lots of them :)

But you guys missed an obvious one ... DUNGEON LORDS!

Um, yeah, kidding obviously :).

Most of my other thoughts are non-RPG.

A proper Jedi Knight II sequel I agree with. And I really wish that the Soldier of Fortune sequel involved any of the actual team and bore any resemblance to the original games. Same for Postal 2 ... the third was abysmal.

- No One Lives Forever
- Star Trek Elite Force II ... heck, just release those on Steam/GoG!

Commander Keen :)

ToEE
Silent Storm
KotOR 3 I guess
A modern X-Wing/TIE Fighter game with a story campaign, though I'm actually not very good at sims
Independence War 3
Star Wolves 4
A Homeworld 2 that isn't so crappy

Also, I would have liked to see several more JA2 expansions. Not sure a sequel is really necessary since it's already nearly perfect.

Also, there are games I would like to play, e.g. the Zeldas, but they are console exclusives, and I don't want to buy a console.

Last edited:
ToEE
Silent Storm
KotOR 3 I guess
A modern X-Wing/TIE Fighter game with a story campaign, though I'm actually not very good at sims
Independence War 3
Star Wolves 4
A Homeworld 2 that wasn't so crappy

Also, I would have liked to see several more JA2 expansions. Not sure a sequel is really necessary since it's already nearly perfect.

Also, there are games I would like to play, e.g. the Zeldas, but they are console exclusives, and I don't want to buy a console.

X-Wing and TIE Fighter definitely.

Warcraft 3!
@txa1265; I'd quite like to see a Dungeon Lords 2. =)
@Silver; Starflight and Buck Rogers are great ideas too!

1. A good(Worthy) Ultima (7,7.5) sequel.
  2. Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines
  3. Wizardry
  4. Chronomaster (adventure game)
  5. A game he can't, but should remember ATM.

And of course (to me) TES6. Now!

pibbur who is pretty sure that we won't see 1-4, maybe 5 (depending on what it turns out to be) and that sadly it will take some time before the next ES.

Loads of great games listed, agree with lots of them :)

But you guys missed an obvious one … DUNGEON LORDS!

Um, yeah, kidding obviously :).

Well, after finally finishing a co-op run of it with a mate (one session a week), I'd play that sequel that was promised if it ever came out. Sure, it's a crappy game, but it was a fun crappy game. (At least, it was in co-op.)

Interesting examples - and I agree with most of them. Yes, X-Wing and Tie Fighter were GREAT!

A few more:

Dungeon Keeper
Buck Rogers
Civ: Beyond Earth
Legend of Kyrandia
Lands of Lore
Dungeon Master
Captive
Ultima Underworld (Ascendant is close, but not quite)
BioForge (a sequel was cancelled, so it counts!)
Master of Orion
Majesty
Homeworld

Yea. They haven't released details. There was a posting on 1c forum that something would be announced probably this year.

space ranger 2 was fantastic; i would like a space ranger 3 with the rts replaced with tbs - but from what i've read there will never be a space ranger 3. The team that made it disabnded and fled the world.

Wait, what? There's a new Kings Bounty coming? I've missed that. When? New engine? I'm currently playing KB:Tds…

Lots of great games on these lists…but I'm also confused by some. I'm pretty sure TES5 will get a sequel (but PB might have made a joke I simply didn't understand?) Also, weren't we supposed to list games that actually had at least one sequel but deserved more?

EDIT: Looking up 1C games (the developer of Kings Bounty) I noticed a game missing on all lists. Space Rangers 2. That one NEEDS a sequel.

Commander Keen :)

I had SO MUCH FUN with that ! :)

And while I'm at it - more Blues Brothers jump & run games, please ! ;)
Or even adventure games with these two ! ;)

And non-action-adventures with Indiana Jones, please ...

Well, I want Grimoire 2. I'm just not sure if I'll be around for it. 20 years puts me at 74...

i'd 2nd Grimoire 2 but will Cleve will probably have a stroke as soon as the Manual for 1 is finished.
How about an Eye of the Beholder 4,
Faery Tale Adventure 3
Discworld 4
Ascendancy ( great Sci-Fi Exploring 4x game)

Last edited:
I'd love to see a TES 6 too. It's been 6+ years, Bethesda.

Came precisely to post King's Bounty, but if there's a new one, then that's the best news I've heard today.

I have little faith in sequels to classic JRPGs being any good, but Shining Force IV where

I personally could do with less sequels but more new IPs that use features of those games (that apparently need sequels).

I don't need a Baldur's Gate 3, but I do want more isometric D&D based cRPG.
I don't need TES 6, but I want more fantasy based roaming RPGs similar to the TES games.
I don't need Vampire Bloodlines 2, but more cRPG based on The World of Darkness would be very cool.
etc.

Was already mentioned before but I'd really love to see worthy successors to:
Jagged Alliance
Dark Sun
Might and Magic
Eye of the Beholder

And...eh...does XCom Apocalypse count? ^^
Was never happy with XCom 2 and the path they went.

Stonekeep!
This never had a sequel? Wrong ^^
There was a sequel called "Stonekeep: Bones of the Ancestors" for the Wii.
Also a Stonekeep2 was in the works but that one was canceled.

Back
Top Bottom