Paranoia: The Official Video Game - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
All Games Delta report that Cyanide has announced Paranoia: The Official Video Game which is a dark humour RPG based on a pen and paper game.

Good news, Citizen! For the first time, your friend The Computer, has authorized a digital version of Paranoia

Cyanide and Black Shamrock are fervently loyal to The Computer and therefore proud to announce the development of Paranoia: The Official Video Game, a darkly humorous RPG adapted from the critically acclaimed pen and paper game created by Dan Gelber, Greg Costikyan, and Eric Goldberg.

Paranoia is set in Alpha Complex, the last remaining human city. Alpha Complex is a paradise. The Computer tells you so. Of course, The Computer is always right. Questioning or challenging The Computer is likely to result in termination, or possibly long-term commitment to a Re-Education Gulag and Spa.

In Paranoia, you’ll play as the leader of a Red Clearance Troubleshooter team. As a Troubleshooter, your job is to find trouble. And shoot it. Though Alpha Complex is a paradise, it is unfortunately beset by all kinds of enemies. Terrorists. Mutants. Members of secret societies. Even – shocking though it may be to say – even Troubleshooters who somehow doubt The Computer’s benevolent wisdom, and the evident truth that Alpha Complex is a paradise.

Lies, double-cross and backstabbing will be your best allies for survival in Alpha Complex, as betrayal is a constant threat. Sometimes your team mates, and even yourself, are more of a threat to your survival than the ostensible mission baddies.

On top of that, the Computer is always watching your actions, judging you, and rewarding you fairly… or not. But should you be defeated or terminated (incinerated is more accurate), you have 5 replacement clones in reserve to try again! Not always faithful copies of the original… but that's another problem.

To demonstrate your loyalty to The Computer, please circulate these posters! Thank you for your cooperation!

[poster 1][poster 2][poster 3][poster 4]

Unreliable narration; explosions, laser blasts, insane robots; technology-based environments to explore; a role-playing team you can’t rely on: Paranoia takes the conventions of the CRPG and turns them on their head, creating a world and a gaming environment that will frustrate, surprise, and delight players of the genre with something both familiar – and something that defeats their expectations.

The above information is Clearance Violet. If you are below Clearance Violet, please report to the nearest Termination Booth immediately. Thank you.

Paranoia: The Official Video Game is co-developed by Cyanide, from Paris Complex, and Black Shamrock, from Dublin Complex. The game will be released on PC and Console when the Computer decides that the time is right.
More information.

This poster makes it instabuy for me:
ycXG0Ywu

Hopefully it stop at just poster but will evolve into cheeky (or should I say kinky?) ingame content.

This was a great pen and paper game, I remember playing it maybe in eighty four or five, great memories. Back in the day when my group tried just about every pen and paper game that was released. I hope this game is up to the challenge.

First heard about the pen & paper game when I was around 12. I never actually played but I really liked the concept and every now and then I wonder if it will ever be made into a computer game. I was wondering it just last week in fact!

I'm sure that poster won't cause any trouble whatsoever.

Yeah, played p&p version as well. It was a hoot!

Strange. First official Video game? Then this wasn't official?

Why didn't they protest against the game?

Nice catch!

Back
Top Bottom