Sudeki - Released on GOG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GOG.com is now offering the anime inspired ARPG Sudeki for $5.99.

Sudeki, a world torn apart into light, shadow and dark. Rent asunder by deceit and betrayal, the land cries out for a peace that only four united heroes can bring.

Beyond the protective walls of Illumina Castle lie miles of pastoral, rolling countryside, though once a serene landscape, the Aklorian forces have transformed the countryside into a charred battlefield. Simply passing through the region is unsafe, as travellers must be ever alert for ambushes.

Four friends have joined together to aid their queen. Though destined to encounter ancient gods, primordial wonders, and marvelous inventions, foes and betrayal haunt their every step. A keen eye could prove vital, exposing essential clues. And as the companions make their way through darkness and light, they’ll discover that those two extremes have more in common than they once imagined…
More information.

Guys someone who had it on XBOX please say if it's endless respawns game or not.
My finger is itchy and I almost clicked on PayPal then it hit me it's maybe not what I want to buy.

I don't know should I.:)

Combat happens at certain points in the game. To clarify you basically move along a linear path, and fight certain enemy's at different locations.

Though wait for it (I know you hate this) they re-spawn. So I guess it's a no buy then?;)

Last edited:
Ahhh, yes... back to a time when xbox needed JRPG-like games to fill up their lack of them... They were still chasing them when X360 came around with I believe two terrible releases but I think with Xbone they've finally given up the pursuit. And it helps that Square-Enix doesn't ignore Xbox anymore.

Another JRPG-inspired western made relic was Lord of the Rings: The Third Age which was even more of a classic JRPG made outside of Japan. It turned out EA could only make adventure games or JRPGS out of the LotR source material.

Basically a western made JRPG with some improvements in using real-time combat.

It's been a long time ago that I played it (10+ years maybe?), but I thought you could see the enemies beforehand (not popping up) but once you stepped into an area it became a closed arena which you had to clear first before being allowed to go forward.

Enemies did re-spawn but in my case it was useful for leveling purposes because at times enemies were so difficult I could not get through so I went back against previously vanquished enemies to level up a bit. Obviously that also could mean out-leveling enemies.

Noteable for me at the time was that the Elco character has a very clear Dutch-English accent which I found very mysterious. After some research I found out there was a Dutch guy with the same name (Elco) who was a character artist. Furthermore it turned out that the English actor who voiced Elco lived in the Netherlands for 10 years during his youth which I probably why he pulled it off the accent that well.

What's the Dutch-English accent you ask? Basically anything that comes out of the mouths of Melisandre and the new Daario in Game of Thrones.

Been a while, but i think this was a pretty fun game back then.
I think i'll pick it up.

I played Sudeki on the PC. Its one of those games that I enjoyed playing, but would never replay and can only recommend to a certain degree. There are respawns, though often when you go through an area later in the game that you went through earlier, different things respawn than what you originally fought. Also you don't travel through areas endlessly, as you are usually pointed to where you need to go. If you've played the original Fable, well its something like that without so many side quests.

A JRpg that is not turn-based? Say what?

Back
Top Bottom