Gothic Can I kill creatures in chapter 1 that are involved in quests in a later chapter?

locutus

Watcher
Can I kill creatures that are involved in quests in a later chapter? They would need to respawn for the quest in the later chapter. Eg. The black goblins near the bloodhounds and lizards. Can I kill them in chapter 1 and then they'll respawn for the chapter when you get the quest? This example might not be possible because they're so strong and there are so many but it's just an example. Another example would be the troll at the top of the hill north of the Old Camp. The quest to kill him is in chapter 4, I think. What happens if I kill him before that?

This time I'm not sure. Creatures relevant to solve the game will certainly respawn, but I don't know about the others.

My guess is that either the creatures will respawn or the quest will be marked as completed as soon as you receive it.

My bet is on the latter: you'll be able to complete the quest as soon as you receive it. That's how it works in G3 for sure, though granted, that game does not have the same chapter setup as G1/G2.

I dont think mobs respawn, they just spawn some more each chapter...Meaning that if there were 3 mobs in ch1 in ch2 there will be 2 more. If you killed the original 3 then only the 2 wil be there. So to the goblin question - i think you can kill them, but there will spawn some more. The troll will respawn i think...

Sooo...did locutus ever found Ahmed? :p

Back
Top Bottom