Wild Card series

Carnifex

SasqWatch
I believe at one point this was in production for Hulu, and now it appears to be helmed at NBC. I just hope they pull it off, this should be a very easy transition from books to screen, and yet every time I think or say that, someone finds a way to totally screw things up. We'll see.

I have absolutely no idea what on earth you are talking about!!

At least there are plenty of books that can be used as source material.

I'm concerned the producers will lean into the political angle too hard, and get all preachy with it.

I think it might be the Brewers and the Padres this year, but it's really early to start prediciting ;)

…not stretched like Brazilian serials.
Soaps perhaps? But then it's not only brazilian.

For example I didn't find anything stretched in brazilian Invisible City and because of unintended connections to some ancient tales with origin where I live, to me very interesting when different continents had similar folktales, I quite liked it.

Let's face it, these days we are positively riddled with super hero shows, some of them quite good (Daredevil, Punisher), some average (the Boys, most Marvel film fare), and others less-so (DC, lots of lesser Marvel stuff). Wanda Vision started off so well, then flared into…nothing-ness.

The Wild Card series is different. I recall playing a pen and paper rpg's back in the day with Martin and some of his cronies, and listening to them sound out ideas and pathos for this intriguing series. Keep in mind that this storied series far pre-dates Ice and Fire, both in linear fashion and quality. IF they follow the novels, particularly the first eight or so, this will be a smash hit. Will it be a show that billions line up to watch and follow? No. But those that like the thoughts of "what ifs" will glam to this tale, if only it it told well. They have a bible, all that needs doing is to adhere to it.

Another show that should be good, again assuming it follows the books, is Invincible, which I believe will be an Amazon product. The books are simply superb, all again needs doing here is to stick to the past tales, and put them on the screen. Do not add your political diatribes, me three garbage, incel-shitty themes, and five hundred different gender politics.

Back
Top Bottom