Fallout: NV - Review

A game I keep promising myself to return to, in order to finally finish it.

Ehhh I replayed this maybe four or five years ago, and it was just fine. Not my favourite Fallout, yet well worth playing, imho. Do make sure you play through all the additional content as well.

Tbh, I'm a little afraid to see how badly its aged. The engine wasn't exactly state of the art even back then.

Since I'm having fun with my replay of Nehrim, so yes I may also find fun even on F:NV dated engine :)

Oh I didn't mean to imply that it would be less fun. You might use a few more mods now though.

Oh, no problem JDR13! Sorry if my reply above also gave you a bad impression on my part :)

And yes, I'm fully aware that it's recommended to use mods to make the F:NV experience better and more attractive, but this is also one of the reasons why every time I think about reinstalling it I just give it up. Just the thought of installing a mod manager, organizing the load order, etc etc … I think that's why I chose to play Nehrim instead: it comes packaged with everything it needs, no need to mess with such things :)

Last edited:
Same here henriquejr. Every time I think about playing a game with a bunch of mods and load orders, I usually play something else. I'm finishing up Enderal right now. I had a fun 60 hours with it. The main story was ok but the exploration and character development were top notch.

It depends on what mods you install as the graphic variety are the easiest and don't usually need a mod manager. It's other mods that modify the game that are trouble.

Still yes it becomes a pain when one mod conflicts with another when it shouldn't.

It depends on what mods you install as the graphic variety are the easiest and don't usually need a mod manager. It's other mods that modify the game that are trouble.

Still yes it becomes a pain when one mod conflicts with another when it shouldn't.

When/If I decide to play F:NV and/or Oblivion once again, I'll create a specific thread asking for hints on what mods should I install, and I'll count on your expertise to help me :)

But don't worry, my return to those games shouldn't occur too soon :)

Of all the Fallout games that I played New Vegas was my least favorite.

Oh, no problem JDR13! Sorry if my reply above also gave you a bad impression on my part :)

And yes, I'm fully aware that it's recommended to use mods to make the F:NV experience better and more attractive, but this is also one of the reasons why every time I think about reinstalling it I just give it up. Just the thought of installing a mod manager, organizing the load order, etc etc … I think that's why I chose to play Nehrim instead: it comes packaged with everything it needs, no need to mess with such things :)
There's a mod that "joins" Fallout 3 and NV. FO 3 was unplayable for me even with mods, a lot of CTD and other issues. Tale of Two Wastelands allowed me to run both flawlessly.

Same here henriquejr. Every time I think about playing a game with a bunch of mods and load orders, I usually play something else. I'm finishing up Enderal right now. I had a fun 60 hours with it. The main story was ok but the exploration and character development were top notch.

Enderal is one of the games in my "what-to-play-next" list :)

Back
Top Bottom