Book of Heroes - What to do at the Black Boar!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Black Boar tavern is used as a base in The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes:

Welcome to the Black Boar tavern

Clashing swords, sparkling magic, enchanted places and gruelling adventures are truly not for the faint of heart - no wonder you need a place to relax and hang back.

Welcome to the Black Boar. The most famous inn in all of Aventuria.

This is the place you hire your henchmen, forge new weapons and armor, brew potions, store your valuables and most importantly find new quests to embark upon.

Have a look inside the Black Boar in this new gameplay trailer.

More information.

Previewing it right now. They made TDE rules very easy to get into through the amazing and simplified character creation. So many backgrounds and origins to choose from. Hate the fact that if you aren't playing co-op, there's no ways to give commands to AI NPCs.

Previewing it right now. They made TDE rules very easy to get into through the amazing and simplified character creation. So many backgrounds and origins to choose from. Hate the fact that if you aren't playing co-op, there's no ways to give commands to AI NPCs.

What!? You can't control your companions?

Otherwise it looks surprisingly well. Would be nice to hear some more thoughts on this.
Before I get me hopes up...

Experience classical role-playing together with your friendsin a co-op multiplayer RPG based on THE DARK EYE license that lets you engage in party-based adventures in the fantasy world of Aventuria.
That little blurb right there makes me lose interest.:(

@Couchpotato; - you can play it alone as well.

Thanks as the game description does not say that.:clap:

Now second question is it server dependent/online connection to play solo?

It really is designed to be played with a group of people. AI companions just run around and aggro everything, while getting themselves killed in the process.

As for the other question, the game is entirely playable offline. Multiplayer is p2p as far as I can see

Our game description was outdated - here's the current one:
Based on THE DARK EYE license, Book of Heroes puts you right into the fantasy world of Aventuria where you can raid dungeons and experience adventures, together with friends or alone, that you can only overcome with combined skills and forces.

• Play with up to 4 players where you combine the specialities of the different species and professions to overcome enemies, puzzles and challenges in the myriad of procedurally generated maps.
  • Choose from 12 different professions such as Assassin, Mercenary, Blessed one of Rondra, Knight or Black Magician and one of the four playable species: elves, half-elves, dwarves and humans and individualize the appearance of your character as you see fit.
  • Enjoy extensive character development opportunities and item crafting in addition to common, improved and legendary items lootable throughout the game.
  • Play with friends or alone in single-player mode with eight individual storylines. Hire a few companions at the Inn of the Black Boar for your adventures.
  • Based on the popular THE DARK EYE (TDE) License and rules (5th Edition), the game is developed in close cooperation with the rights owner Ulisses Spiele. TDE is a role-playing system plunging groups of players into the fantasy world Aventuria. TDE has a long tradition, with the first Edition appearing in 1984.

What!? You can't control your companions?

Otherwise it looks surprisingly well. Would be nice to hear some more thoughts on this.
Before I get me hopes up…

Not in the current version at least. Really annoying. I prefer to play solo atm

It really is designed to be played with a group of people. AI companions just run around and aggro everything, while getting themselves killed in the process.

As for the other question, the game is entirely playable offline. Multiplayer is p2p as far as I can see
Sad to hear that but I get they want to emulate table-top gaming. As for companions that's a huge negative for me as well. Seems back to Drakensang: The Dark Eye I go.

I remember another ARPG called Demonicon I enjoyed but others hated.

Sad to hear that but I get they want to emulate table-top gaming. As for companions that's a huge negative for me as well. Seems back to Drakensang: The Dark Eye I go.

I went into Demonicon with very low expectations, but enjoyed it as well. It sort of reminded of me of the early Spiders games like Mars War Log or Bound by Flame in terms of quality.

I liked it if that matters.

But do note it didn't use Tomi Undergallows AI. Book of Heores seems decided to copypaste NWN suicidal sidekicks. As I can't stand NWN, there goes any chance I'm gonna buy this game. Which is a shame, I was excited when it got announced.

Book of Heores seems decided to copypaste NWN suicidal sidekicks.

Maybe they will correct it in a patch and add at least few commands to control them. They shouldnt neglect SP RPG gamers.

Back
Top Bottom