GOG - Eye of the Beholder Trilogy Free - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » GOG - Eye of the Beholder Trilogy Free

Default GOG - Eye of the Beholder Trilogy Free

June 18th, 2020, 12:12
The Eye of the Beholder Trilogy is free on GOG for the next couple of days. In addition there is a sale on Forgotten Realms games until 25th June.

Get ready to explore the deepest dungeons in the fantastic world of Faerûn. For the next 48H, the classic Eye of the Beholder Trilogy becomes a free giveaway on GOG.COM! That's not all, today we've prepared a Special Sale featuring classic D&D titles up to 75% off. Now you can relive the great classic adventures once more thanks to the titles like Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (-50%) or Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition (-50%).

Our Special Sale and giveaway are meant to prepare you for the grand D&D Live 2020: Roll w/ Advantage event that takes place online between 18th and 20th June 2020. During this time you will witness live D&D tabletop sessions featuring famous comedians, TV stars, sports personalities, and fantasy writers. All while raising money for Red Nose Day to help children affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.

So, prepare for a long and exciting journey! This Special Sale on GOG.Com will end on 25th June, 5 PM UTC, while the Eye of the Beholder Trilogy giveaway lasts 48H - until 19th June, 5 PM UTC. Note: Eye of the Beholder Trilogy has exactly the same content as the Forgotten Realms - The Archives - Collection One pack available on GOG.COM.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

June 18th, 2020, 13:04
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
The Eye of the Beholder Trilogy is free on GOG for the next couple of days. In addition there is a sale on Forgotten Realms games until 25th June.

More information.
I absolutely loved these games as a child, so I'm gonna get these when I get home from work today!

Thanks for the heads up @Silver!

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 18th, 2020, 13:26
Good old times. These games have been my personal entrance into the world of role playing games.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

June 18th, 2020, 14:02
Absolutely amazing work of pixel art!! Well recommended to play! Probably you wanna configure DOSBOX to allow ten Save States A'la amazing PSX emulator, so you can quicksave and quickload back any second during gameplay. You might also wanna configure the amazing Gravis Ultrasound music, if these games support it, (IIRC). Just follow my guides.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
+1:

June 18th, 2020, 14:17
Yeah, that's the stuff. This is the game that made me cobble together my first PC.

The sight of the box still pleases me.

--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

June 18th, 2020, 16:33
I did miss these when I was a kid. No internet and not living in the US meant you had to take what was shared in the schoolyard.

The first dungeon crawlers I played were Dungeon Master 2 and Lands of Lore. Loved them to death.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

June 18th, 2020, 17:01
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Yeah, that's the stuff. This is the game that made me cobble together my first PC.

The sight of the box still pleases me.

Those SSI games nearly always had great box art. Plus, the manuals were pretty thick too and loved reading them.

tekulte

Watchdog

June 18th, 2020, 17:08
Originally Posted by tekulte View Post
Those SSI games nearly always had great box art. Plus, the manuals were pretty thick too and loved reading them.
Yep, reading the manual on the way home was one of the best parts.

The SSI box art was great - something about that AD&D frame around an atmospheric painting - it just seemed to promise so much.

--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller
Last edited by Ripper; June 18th, 2020 at 17:38.

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

+1:

June 18th, 2020, 17:29
I bought these back in the day the moment they were released, and repeated the process once they hit great old games. If you've not played these, and the genre is at the least interesting to you, do yourself a huge favour and give them a try. Give yourself a chance to fall in love.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

June 18th, 2020, 19:28
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
I did miss these when I was a kid. No internet and not living in the US meant you had to take what was shared in the schoolyard.

The first dungeon crawlers I played were Dungeon Master 2 and Lands of Lore. Loved them to death.
Good point. I wasn't in the US and didn't have internet. No idea how I got it. I'm also sure I didn't buy it. Musst have been divine intervention
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

June 18th, 2020, 19:42
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Good point. I wasn't in the US and didn't have internet. No idea how I got it. I'm also sure I didn't buy it. Musst have been divine intervention
Were these not officially released in Europe? We definitely had them in the UK by some means.
--

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

June 18th, 2020, 19:53
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Were these not officially released in Europe? We definitely had them in the UK by some means.
I know my big brothers had them, but am unsure if the copies were bought… This was in Sweden. I know they bought black crypt though, since I accidentally destroyed the game.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

June 18th, 2020, 20:27
EotB I was probably the first game I bought. So much nostalgia, it's watering my eyes.

I replayed it a few years back, in a window with up-scaling, with a self-updating map in another window (IIRC), and other few helps, it was great.

Fun story : I didn't understand English at that age, so I just clicked around to understand how to play, and I didn't understand what "miss" meant when clicking on a weapon, so I just drag and doped them on the monsters, since that seemed to hurt them. But I think it did only 1 pt of damage, so I ended throwing everything I had, rations included on the mobs…

(same problem in another game that was asking for "ammo", which wasn't in my dictionary…)

DR490N

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

June 18th, 2020, 20:44
BTW the artwork was done by Clyde Caldwell.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
+1:

June 18th, 2020, 20:47
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
BTW the artwork was done by Clyde Caldwell.
Nice. I'm a big fan of Vallejo-esque art.

kazga

Watchdog

June 19th, 2020, 02:39
Comes with the clue books…in case you need it you know…

Arkayne

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 19th, 2020, 08:20
Just a reminder that if you want to play these classics again, you might want to avail yourself with automapping via All-Seeing Eye: https://ase.zorbus.net/

Pappy

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 19th, 2020, 08:27
Originally Posted by DR490N View Post
EotB I was probably the first game I bought. So much nostalgia, it's watering my eyes.

I replayed it a few years back, in a window with up-scaling, with a self-updating map in another window (IIRC), and other few helps, it was great.

Fun story : I didn't understand English at that age, so I just clicked around to understand how to play, and I didn't understand what "miss" meant when clicking on a weapon, so I just drag and doped them on the monsters, since that seemed to hurt them. But I think it did only 1 pt of damage, so I ended throwing everything I had, rations included on the mobs…

(same problem in another game that was asking for "ammo", which wasn't in my dictionary…)
Haha, pretty similar for me, however my older brothers were playing it so I learned some of how to play from them, even though I understood almost nothing.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

June 19th, 2020, 08:28
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Just a reminder that if you want to play these classics again, you might want to avail yourself with automapping via All-Seeing Eye: https://ase.zorbus.net/
Cheers! I'll keep that in mind!

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » GOG - Eye of the Beholder Trilogy Free