Prometheus Wept - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Timeslip Softworks have announced their next RPG after Vigilantes called Prometheus Wept. The game is described as a party and action point turn based RPG set in a near-future, post technology Earth.

About

Prometheus Wept is a party and action point turn based RPG set in a near-future, post technology Earth. The game offers hardcore squad-level combat, meaningful choices, deep character progression and an advanced crafting system.
Imagine a near-future earth in which technology has become more integrated and essential to daily life. Imagine the sudden corruption of all this technology, in less than a day, by an incredibly potent virus, which affects everything from the smart kettle in your home to automated agriculture and transport systems. Imagine generations of chaos, widespread loss of life, technical understanding, and the fragmenting of nations into insular city states.

You will assume the role of a wandering Classical Technologist surviving among the splintered remnants of humanity, searching for and attempting to restore the technological relics of humanity's golden age.

Key Features

• Turn (AP) and Party Based Tactical Combat: battle it out with a variety of melee, ranged and explosive weapons, with aimed and special attacks, powerful perk-based abilities, attacks of opportunity and more.
  • Use The Environment To Your Advantage: Destroy cover to leave enemies exposed, use a variety of environmental objects against your foes, and exploit interactions between the primal forces of fire, water and electricity to your advantage.
  • Deep Character Progression: Build your team using the ADAPTED character system, which comprises 7 stats, 17 skills and a huge variety of perks. Throughout the game, you will meet and ally with exceptional individuals, each with their own unique set of perks.
  • Meaningful Choices, Little and Large: Will you pay an odd, roadside priest for a blessing or ignore him? Will you help overthrow a questionable oligarchy, or cement their position against growing unrest? After all, in the post virus world, civilized is a relative term.
  • Deep Crafting System: Create a large variety of weapons, armour, explosives, gadgets, combat stims and medical supplies. The quality of the crafted item is determined by the quality of the blueprints you possess, your crafting skill and the quality of the components used.
More information.

I like myself a deep combat system and yours sounds good. Will keep an eye on the project!

How much exploration will there be? Can you find interesting off the road encounters/places?
Is loot hand-placed or procedurally generated? Do you use the "What-you-see-is-what-you-get" approach in regards of looting a victim, sorry I mean aggressive, forewarned psychopath?

Thanks for covering the announcement, Silver. It's early days, but if anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer.

Can I be a wizard?

Looks like the same engine as Vigilantes. What improvements can we expect with combat? Are you going to use the same mission-based grid system?

I like myself a deep combat system and yours sounds good. Will keep an eye on the project!

How much exploration will there be? Can you find interesting off the road encounters/places?
Is loot hand-placed or procedurally generated? Do you use the "What-you-see-is-what-you-get" approach in regards of looting a victim, sorry I mean aggressive, forewarned psychopath?

Hey DarkHeart. I should preface this by saying these are the current intentions/likely outcomes, but the game is quite a way off and things may change.

The focus will be on getting all the planned locations and events together first and if there's capacity, to build in some extras. Some of the events will change, depending on your choices.

Hand placed loot is more likely this time around. Vigilantes had generated enemy loadouts, but I'd like to hand craft the combat encounters this time. I'd hope to keep the WYSIWYG loot approach from Vigilantes though. It's annoying killing a guy with an assault rifle and getting a blunt butter knife when you loot the corpse.

When is release expected?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hey Pladio. That's a tricky one, as the scope of development may increase, depending on support in Kickstarter. Current plan is to release a demo, refine it, launch a kickstarter, bring the game to Steam EA somewhere between the completion of the first and second acts.

I'm not sure at this point how much to include in the demo, but it's unlikely there will be anything available this year.

love turnbased !
been good years so far :D

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...a946a4b6f8f3f4aebf33.600x338.jpg?t=1588251665

choices :D
@Timeslip;ed:
What us the current state of the game? (alpha?)
What year is it most likely to be released?

Hey ikbenrichard. Yeah, there's a lot of TB games in the works. Great to see such a strong resurgence!

At this stage, I've modified the code for Vigilantes to the requirements of the new game (things like changes to character, crafting system) added a number of new features like a proper dialogue system, destructible cover, water. I've also prototyped a number of maps and made a number of encounters to test functionality. It's nowhere near playable yet though, and there probably won't be a demo this year.

Really hard to say when release will happen - scope may change (likely up), but it will follow the same route as Vigilantes -> Demo -> Kickstarter -> Steam EA -> Full Release.

Looks like the same engine as Vigilantes. What improvements can we expect with combat? Are you going to use the same mission-based grid system?

Yep, using an updated version of Unity with the code from Vigilantes as a base. There are quite a few planned, but to name a few:

- Destructible Cover
- Interactions between water, electricity, fire
- Far more type of interactable objects (not just gas cannisters and oil drums)

There is one big feature that hasn't been announced yet which relates to combat. I need to do some more work on it to ensure it's workable, but that's the next order of business.

If you mean the city map, that won't be returning. The game is switching from a cyclic structure (fight -> loot -> return to base -> fight) where there were potentially infinite fights to a branching narrative with set fights.

Back
Top Bottom