Moonshades an old-school rpg in WebGL

moonshades

Watcher
Hi!

Edit: Moonshades is resurrected as an andorid game. :)

Please note that this is a beta release.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.baldricksoft.moonshades_dungeon_crawler

s3m.png

--------------

I would like to ask you for your honest opinions about a self developed game. Ony two guys are working on it, so don't expect stunning graphics:). This is an old-school game, taking most of it's core elements from old classics like Eye of the beholder, Lands of Lore, Ultima , etc.

The things you should know: the game runs in a browser, so you don't need to download it or anything. Using a fairly new browser technology, it doesn't require any additional plugins, only a browser that can handle a WebGL.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebGL)
You should use the latest version of Google Chrome, other browsers aren't so reliable if you want to try it.

This is a Pre-Alpha build a lot of things are missing and bugs can still happen, but I think you can get an idea of what we are aiming for in the full version:). If you have any constructive criticism then don't hesitate, we would be thankful if you could help us out, even with your own ideas of what we are missing from the game, or what we should add to it.
If, by any chance you are experienced in gui design, modelling or animating and you are willing to help, even just a little, please contact us or just Like it at FB :)

Facebook page: http://facebook.com/moonshadesgame

The server is only temporary and it's really slow so please be patient while it loads.:)

Pre-Alpha version: http://moonshadesgame.com/

Screens:
game3.jpg

game2.jpg

Contact email: moonshadesgame@gmail.com

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I gave it a try - it's an impressive start! I got stuck with a dead end after the resurrection statue - is there a secret door I'm missing somewhere?

A few suggestions:

- You might want to have a way to try the game without registering. Some people are wary about giving their email address out.

- Add a "Loading..." message when the graphics are loading at first. I thought for a while the game was bugged because the walls were blank for a couple minutes.

- Turn-based combat. This is just a personal preference - I know your game design might be for real-time (Dungeon Master / EotB / Grimrock style). Just saying I'd love to see a game like this using turn-based combat.

It's a very cool engine you have running in the browser with no plugins. Running fullscreen feels just like a regular game.

Good luck - looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Thank You!

About register: It needs for track the characters, map, etc status i need to indentify the user somehow.
Loading: done :) Thanks for the remark. :p

No there isnt any secret door there. That was the end in alpha 1 :)
But we have some improvements now in alpha 2:

- User interface improvements, like hp and mana text display, skill slot highlight, change character positions with right click on name.
- new mana regeneration mechanism
- every class in premade party have unique skills.
- new skill icons and descriptions
- new class infos
- a few more room

The background sound is well known from Arma II DayZ Zombie mod btw.

Tried the game as well.

I really like the option to jump right into the game without creating an account. That makes testing the game very ease and convenient.

After the woman I couldn't find any way to continue. Is there a way to open the gate behind here?
The teleporter seems to lead to a dead end as well...

There is a locked door behind the NPC, the keyhol is at the right wall. Simply ask the key from the NPC and click on the keyhole :)

Slight bug

While playing the game I found a bug where I teleported from the dungeon to the blacksmith, when doing this I found myself in the blacksmith room... except not, I was outside the walls, hearing the banging of the blacksmith, but no possible way back inside the walls. Please fix this, because now my characters are endlessly stuck in infinite darkness. And yes this is the android version.

Back
Top Bottom