AC: Odyssey is a full-fledged RPG...cool!

Their game world is presented via checklists of todo to complete (treasures to find, amount of leaders in a camp, POI, quests, etc). Also, outside a few quest givers, most NPCs are AI bots without personalities that get replaced if they die.
This is true so don't do it.
I've written about Odyssey for too many times now, but it can be Applied on any AC game. Don't grind. It'll ruin your game. Grinding is not there for you, it's for people who believe games are second job. Avoid it like a plague.

Do only quests and sidequests, ignore (avoid) random trashmobs, don't loot silly 2-3 coins from numerous containers (vases, boxes, etc). Once you've done all quests on any area map, only then check if some point of interest remained unvisited - it'll usually be some animal lair or lategame elephant boss battle which is not really required to clear returns a truckload of mats.
Immersive Sims games
That doesn't exist.

This is actually one of my favorite games, all of the Assassin Creed trilogy are my favorites. Especially the one the made available free due to the fire that happened to Notre Dame. I would say it's a bit of a challenge to get in to but once you get going it gets bit more exciting!

Their game world is presented via checklists of todo to complete (treasures to find, amount of leaders in a camp, POI, quests, etc). Also, outside a few quest givers, most NPCs are AI bots without personalities that get replaced if they die.

Immersive Sims games don't actually label anything via the interface outside maybe quest markets these days. They let the player find things.
Exactly, this is also represented in the save system (only a fraction of the game state is saved). Nothing irritates me more than dying inside a camp, respawning outside, and seeing all objectives you did are still accomplished (kill captain, find loot, ...). Takes away all immersion and a lot of the fun in the stealth mechanics for me.

Getting out safely doesn't matter anymore. In fact, following Joxer's reasoning, you can just run inside ignoring all mobs, kill the captain, done. Doesn't matter if you immediately die afterwards.

My reasoning is always how to minimize grind and get everything (of worth getting, not every single possible thing). ;)
I'm not talking about cheating, no fun in that although due to pisspoor ports sometimes it's necessary (karaoke in Yakuza 0).

If you're looking for immersion in an Ubisoft game, you're playing for the wrong reason or you're playing the wrong game. That's not their strong point. :)

I got kilt by a pack of vicious guard-chickens tonight. I think they found out about the Chicken Kicker achievement I got back in Fable 2.

THREE chickens attacked without provocation and murdered me while I fumbled around for the screenshot key!

Last edited:
I got the season pass so the Atlantis entry is on my main menu. What about that First Blade DLC, though? Is that incorporated into the game itself?

The game sure is HUGE!

All episodes of The First Blade were already released, the last episode appeared IIRC early march.

If you have Odyssey's season pass then you'll get everything automatically on uPlay (just hit update button if you didn't already - the game replaces it's "play" button with "update" button whenever an update is available).

That's for PC version. Console pea… audience, has to download each episode manually by visiting the PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace respectively. Whatta joke… lol

And yes, it's huge. Sadly, because of microtransactions rubbish I just had to disqualify it from my goty vote. Sure, none of that crap is needed to enjoy the game, but well, it's a fullpriced product so ingame shop is a big no.

I got the season pass so I'm guessing the DLC all came down with my initial download. I can start the Atlantis DLC, for instance, though it warns me about spoilers and having to make a level 52 for me to play with. The First Blade DLC, however, isn't so obvious. Maybe it's one of the quests the game hands out somewhere along the way? (Or even one of the ones it gives you early. I've got a bunch of quests that are way out of my level range right now.)

So 9 month after release they’ll finally be done releasing content so i can do any actual play through.

Hope the DLC’s are worth the wait.

You should have played (and completed - aka solve all sidequests that aren't radiant) the vanilla game before First Blade and Atlatnis DLC.
These two episodic DLC are supposed to be separate postvanilla content although are playable before a person finishes the vanilla with level high enough and certain point of the main story reached.

Last edited:
Nah, for me if i finish the main game before the DLC is out its very rare that i will go back and play it. There’s just too much stuff in my backlog that i want to play. I will have moved on and wont go back just for some DLC.

However if i play it all at once and like the game it’s guaranteed I’ll play the DLC.

That's fine, the thing is the vanilla game is already great and you don't need to play DLC at all. In fact, because I'm stalling and didn't play DLC yet can't say if it's on the same quality level as the release version.

Just please remember what I suggested when Odyssey got released. DO NOT, under any circumstances, solve radiant quests. Those are repetitive junk that will get you nowhere. If you accept some by mistake, just ignore those as it's timed rubbish that will expire eventually from your questlog.
No grind = awsome game.

NEED MORE WOOD!! I can't upgrade this ship for squat because I'm always turning wood into arrows (which I find are great for mercenaries and in the big battles for control of an area).

Photo mode is very cool! I just wish the camera could get further from the character. @wolfgrimdark;, have you looked into this game?

Edit: Ah good, somebody made an unlocker for it.

Last edited:
NEED MORE WOOD!! I can't upgrade this ship for squat because I'm always turning wood into arrows (which I find are great for mercenaries and in the big battles for control of an area).

Photo mode is very cool! I just wish the camera could get further from the character. @wolfgrimdark;, have you looked into this game?

Edit: Ah good, somebody made an unlocker for it.

Aye I own the the game and the photomode is very cool although I admit to being spoiled with mods and ENB. I enjoyed taking some shots for ACO although couldn't, in the end, get into the game enough to move past 30 hours of play. It is a good game I just don't do as well with games with pre-defined protagonists. If I connect with them then great but if I don't I find myself too detached from the game world and lose interest. I also wasn't as into the combat as much as I had hoped.

Stop wasting wood that way. Loot them from any fort - enter, run around looting weapon stands, ignore hostiles trying to kill you and then escape.
Also you can buy wood from merchants. I didn't, the game provides enough of wood for everything through questsolving (main and side, said don't take rediants).
I also wasn't as into the combat as much as I had hoped.
Man, lower the combat on easy and try to find lifesteal equipment (if not possible go for damage over time poison/fire stuff), unlock asap the second from above bow skill (explosive arrow).
Then again, I don't care about combat anywhere so perhaps I'm not the one who should make suggestions... :D

Arrows are wonderful! I've got that zoom thing at first level that does 400% damage. The controls for it are a little strange (1 to zoom then 1 again to fire) but being able to one-shot enemies from hiding is sweet.

The wood issues seems a lot better now that I've moved on to the third area. The first two blacksmiths you run into don't sell wood, just iron and leather which are so plentiful I wonder why they even bother. So I stopped checking. I was selling a lot of weapons, too.

I'm really impressed by the weapon situation. Daggers seemed great - but competent warriors with shields are very hard to hit with them. A mace will knock that shield out of the way - but warriors with faster weapons can hit you while you're winding up your swings. I'm still figuring out all the weapon interactions. And now I seem to be able to have two weapon slots at once! Am I able to switch on the fly now?

Back
Top Bottom