Bogarash[Isometric 2d hack&slash RPG] - in need of testers

YanBG

Watcher
Bogarash[Isometric 2d hack&slash RPG] - Released

Hey there!
Quite happy with the release of my first game :)

It's in Early Access but all gameplay mechanics that i wanted are in place, i will work more on the graphics. You can check it here: https://yanbg.itch.io/bogarash

Details:
The game takes place in the medieval balkans, at a time when bandits and evil nobles terrorize the land. The player would have to defeat them all, while completing tasks for the friendly folk. There are 2 playable characters, close-combat fighter and a ranged scout.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoP9Xn7NCp4

Last edited:
I downloaded and played for a few minutes. I encountered a few problems.

-the guard just slides when moves, is not animated.
-I don't know how to take the timbers.
-I battled two wolves and something didn't work well. they tried to attack me, but only pushed me back, I didn't seem to be taking any damage. When I tried to click on them to attack, most of the times nothing happened, only sometimes the character actually attacked.

I like the overall look, and I love historical settings, so it has potential. But keep polishing.

Thank you for the feedback!
I'd keep polishing it. I'm fixing most of the bugs but also i got ideas and implemented some new stuff. Now i wish to discuss some of it here. 3 new skills:

Tame(ranger)- using a lot of mana, you can turn one of the hostile wolves into a pet, it's not much stronger(depends on the skill level) than the wolves in general but it will stay with you until it's killed(won't expire).

Craft(fighter)- essentially a "quick"(not so quick because it costs a lot of mana) cash until it's maxed, then it's the only way to obtain the best armor in the game. With the 1st level from one timber log(costs 5g), you will make one or two clubs(10g each) or turn wolf skin into fur hats.

Mule(fighter)- on lvl4 and lvl10, you get extra 4 inventory slots(from 32 to 40). There is no weight for the items but the larger ones take multiple slots, so this is a way to portray the characteristic of these types of characters to carry more.

It's not like something, unseen in RPGs, but what are your thoughts?

Thank you for the feedback!
I'd keep polishing it. I'm fixing most of the bugs but also i got ideas and implemented some new stuff. Now i wish to discuss some of it here. 3 new skills:

Tame(ranger)- using a lot of mana, you can turn one of the hostile wolves into a pet, it's not much stronger(depends on the skill level) than the wolves in general but it will stay with you until it's killed(won't expire).

Craft(fighter)- essentially a "quick"(not so quick because it costs a lot of mana) cash until it's maxed, then it's the only way to obtain the best armor in the game. With the 1st level from one timber log(costs 5g), you will make one or two clubs(10g each) or turn wolf skin into fur hats.

Mule(fighter)- on lvl4 and lvl10, you get extra 4 inventory slots(from 32 to 40). There is no weight for the items but the larger ones take multiple slots, so this is a way to portray the characteristic of these types of characters to carry more.

It's not like something, unseen in RPGs, but what are your thoughts?

The ideas sound good, of course, and they have been used before with success. However, in my opinion, before working on such "bonus features", make sure the "building blocks" of the game engine work exactly as they should: fighting collisions must feel perfect in an action RPG. The interface must be friendly and quick. After that, comes the fun part, with creative stuff like designing skills ;)

Thank you again! I'm working on the melee attacks(i admit i'm not sure how to fix it yet), i think the ranged are good though.
Could you tell me in particular what i should improve in the interface? I do plan to make some of the buttons at the bottom smaller.
But while i test the big issues i put some smaller objects around like baskets with loot etc :D.

Managed to fix all reported bugs and updated the build. The download link is in the OP.

I'm all about magic, but good luck with your game!

Thank you! With the goal of keeping it somewhat realistic, i started to run out of(not skills) quest ideas. So far they are only fetch and kill enemies. I do have ideas for more elaborated such, but i can't find a reason for someone to built a mechanism with stone blocks or levers etc to hide a precious item, so i'll have a hard time with the puzzles :D.

Some of the gear combinations with the newly implemented paper doll system:
output_rmjtm1.gif

Just got into the forest to test my mushrooms generation and got swarmed by blob of enemies, which generated a lot of loot and although each item is automaticly picked when you left click on it, it's still a lot of stuff. So i'm thinking about auto-picking all in a radius with a key press, or maybe making/adding that to a skill?
Screenshot_Loot.png

Proud to announce that i released the game on ichi.io, see the OP for the link.

I'm still working on the game and i plan to put it on Steam Greenlight but first i want to update the graphics and polish it. The new way of playing the intro will be with slides:
oTw9Vb0.png

Hey all, i got some critiques for the graphics and i've been updating the models. Here you can see the re-rendered enemies, male and female characters, also tiles and scale got changed:
ScreenshotNew.png

ScreenshotNew2.png

ScreenshotNew1.png

The environments need more work.

Also i'll be changing the game's name, any feedback on that would be helpful!

what about Orenda? It's the essence or spiritual power of your slain enemies :D

I've been updating the game. Here is the latest look of the skills, i added this outline/sprite around the icons, the big background is placeholder.

UWIENxP.jpg

The new houses:

4ffmXAr.jpg

w0j4oPf.jpg

pqBVPw3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom