Gothic 3 1.75 CPT released

fragonard

Sentinel
The new 1.75 patch is out on World of Gothic and it looks great. Just finished playing 30 minutes or so and it's beautiful with high detail on. Check it out, the CPT has really delivered.

Full changelog and readme if anyone's interested.
According to the thread on WoG this patch is official so it should find its way into the Steam and GoG releases.

This is a pleasant surprise. I haven't payed too much attention to Gothic 3 news since the last official CP which I thought was going to be the last.

Guess I'll have to reinstall Gothic 3 to try it out.

Edit: BTW it's 1.5 GB in case anyone was wondering.

Hmm download links sorta dissapeared for me when I came back home...

Great they release this 2 days before Risen 2 is available…

What shall I do now? Install G3 and then paralelly play both games in a few days or what… Man…

JonNik, there are a couple of bugs within the patch so patience, it'll be downloadable tonight. ;)

Well you will have to wait a bit either way:
RoiDanton said:
We located 2-3 bugs which nobody has found before release but now. So the patch is cancelled, probably until today's evening.

We are sorry about that.

Edit: oops somehow missed joxer's post

Since Kostaz mentioned it's described as "official" I've also asked on GOG forum if the patch will be downloadable there too, let's see what will they answer and hope it will be.

JonNik, there are a couple of bugs within the patch so patience, it'll be downloadable tonight. ;)

No rush. Just want to check it out, but I finished a G3 run just a couple of months or so ago and there aren't many games that can draw me away from my current Arx Fatalis replay anyways :)

Great they release this 2 days before Risen 2 is available…

What shall I do now? Install G3 and then paralelly play both games in a few days or what… Man…

From the reviews I would suggest that you play Risen 2 first and then Gothic 3. I think that you will be dissapointed with Risen 2 if you played Gothic 3 first (Gothic 3 is on much higher scale at least with regards to the world size (>100hours), factions (4-5 factions that you can join or not) and therefore choices and consequences).

I finished G3 ages ago. But it was without those community patches and stuff. ;)
Nevertheless I've enjoyed it, but also because of some stutter problems and things like that, never replayed it - perhaps it's finally time to run it again.

From the reviews I would suggest that you play Risen 2 first and then Gothic 3. I think that you will be dissapointed with Risen 2 if you played Gothic 3 first (Gothic 3 is on much higher scale at least with regards to the world size (>100hours), factions (4-5 factions that you can join or not) and therefore choices and consequences).

I don't think Gothic 3 and Risen 2 are really comparable. The settings are too different, imo.

Does anyone know what the recommended requirements are for Gothic 3 with the 1.75 patch? I assume they're at least slightly higher now with the added effects and greater draw distance.

My guess would be that having an SSD is now the real game changer but here's what's in the readme:
The previous profile of technical requirements appeared to be slightly understated for reasonable performance. Revised estimation:

Minimal requirements:
- Intel or AMD Single Core Processor (2.5 GHz)
- 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB with Windows Vista and 7)
- Windows XP
- ATI X1900 or nVidia 7900 with 256 MB RAM
- Mouse, keyboard, DVD drive
- DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- DirectX 9.0c (will be installed with the patch)
- 3 GB hard disk memory

Recommended requirements:
- Intel or AMD multi core CPU (3.0 GHz)
- 2 GB RAM (3 GB with Windows Vista and 7)
- Radeon HD 4860, Geforce 9800 with 512 MB RAM or more

I'll do a before/after on the game start(*) during the weekend but I am not expecting to see significant FPS drop on a modern system (with at least a 1 GB Gfx card bought the last couple of years) myself either...

(* a very good benchmark due to the large melee and drawdistance outside of Ardea)

I think I'll give this another attempt. Whenever they post this patch again :)

I was hoping the performance would've improved (since they use some new faster shader function now) but i think it seems a bit worse actually from 1.74. The small pauses occured very frequently now, they're short but it's annoying that they happen so often, takes you out of the experience. Standing still in one place and then rotating the camera around my character would freeze the screen, every 3-4 seconds or so. You'd think after a while it would have loaded everything in memory and it would be smooth, but no..

My system: Intel i7 @4,9GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 5870 (1,5 GB), 2X intel SSD RAID0.
Everything on highest, but no ini setting to go beyond it..

In comparison the performance in Forgotten Gods was better, but that game also has an alomst completely dead game world so i guess they got away with the frequent pauses that way.

Are you serious?

How does anyone play this game with that kind of bug? They keep saying they fixed the stuttering, but with reports like that, well.. that's stupid.

Oblivion has stuttering too when loading new zones, but many people don't seem to mind.. personally i hate it, especially since you play those games mostly for the running around and exploring stuff aspect :) That's the beauty and those games, the frequent pauses breaks the immersion in a big way and kills the fun of exploring.

I think this will be the last time i try Gothic3, just not worth bothering with it any more.

Back
Top Bottom