Pricewatch!

Hey I'll actually give it a go at that price point, thanks. (although I'll probably squeeze in another game after finishing Dark Souls and before starting on this)

If it is as linear as DS1 (one of the few games I never bothered finishing) It'll probably be a brief affair though ;)

Any mods/ Graphic upgrades recommended to tweak this to a decent level ?

I haven't played Dungeon Siege II yet myself due to not liking the first game. A lot of people seem to think that it's much better than the first game though. I'm gonna grab it, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to trying it.

Definitely much better ... I need to replay this one soon.

If you can stand the visuals - it's actually a pretty solid RPG with a decent story and interesting character mechanics.

Well, despite trying to get the best out of a game by moding/tweaking before starting, I am pretty forgiving when it comes to graphics (I still play Dwarf Fortress and other roguelikes pretty often, not to mention games from 20 years back).

So if the game is solid I doubt that the graphics will be a barrier to me enjoying it. Had to ask though ;)

Well, despite trying to get the best out of a game by moding/tweaking before starting, I am pretty forgiving when it comes to graphics (I still play Dwarf Fortress and other roguelikes pretty often, not to mention games from 20 years back).

So if the game is solid I doubt that the graphics will be a barrier to me enjoying it. Had to ask though ;)

You can also use the game to play the remake of Ultima 5 or something like that, or was it DS1?

Definitely much better … I need to replay this one soon.

Did you play the "Broken World" expansion? Afaik, it's not available in digital form, but I seem to recall people saying that it was crap anyways.

You can also use the game to play the remake of Ultima 5 or something like that, or was it DS1?

That was DS1. They did remakes of U5 and U6 using that engine. I've never tried them, but I hear they're pretty good.

Yep, DS1. Went as far as downloading the U5 remake but somehow never went ahead and tried it. One of these days...

Did you play the "Broken World" expansion? Afaik, it's not available in digital form, but I seem to recall people saying that it was crap anyways.

Yeah, I can't find my original review, but whereas the original was like a 4/5 for me ... the expansion was more like a 2.5/5 ... and basically there was no reason to ever return to the expansion.

One good thing about the expansion is that there are a couple of new class options available for the original campaign.

The Risen games are on sale on Steam this weekend. It looks like they might be even more discounted at some point.

GamersGate is having a big sale on the Dead Space franchise. Up to 75% off.

DS3 is $10.20. Is it worth it? Also, there are a couple DLCs. Seems like too much money once you add in the DLCs.

I found Dead Space 3 rather disappointing. It's less about survival-horror and more about action. They also implemented an auto-save only system, and enemies and items respawn. The game felt rushed to me - as if they didn't give it enough development time.

It's mildly entertaining as an action game, but it's nowhere near the classics that imo Dead Space 1&2 are.

That may bring them to my buy level then. I didn't care much for the Gothics, but 75% off is worth the download.

Gamefly is running an RPG bundle sale with...
Witcher + Witcher 2 = 17.99
Torchlight 1 + 2 = 13.99
Mass Effect trilogy = 13.99
Dragon Age 1 + 2 = 9.99
Deus Ex + Deus Ex Invisible War= 3.49

Gamefly is running an RPG bundle sale with…
Witcher + Witcher 2 = 17.99
Torchlight 1 + 2 = 13.99
Mass Effect trilogy = 13.99
Dragon Age 1 + 2 = 9.99
Deus Ex + Deus Ex Invisible War= 3.49
Nice find wolfing to bad I have everyone of them already.:thumbsup:

Bargain, that. If you enjoyed the first one, I reckon you'll get a good chunk of fun out of this one.

I got a surprise on Steam yesterday. I checked the store page from my Batman: Arkham City install and it took me to the game-of-the-year edition and the play button was enabled there. When I clicked it, GotY installed! I knew they were getting rid of the G4WL protection but I didn't know it was being done by giving away the GotY edition for free! It's sitting side by side with the original edition.

GotY uses slightly different saves, it seems, but there are instructions in the Steam forums about how to modify the old saves with a hex editor to make them work with the GotY edition. After sitting on the shelf for two years, I'm fine with starting all over again myself.

Back
Top Bottom