Fallout 76 - B.E.T.A Impressions

I just don't understand the decision to remove NPCs - it's moronic at best. One can't even point to Bethesda opting to be cheap on the voice acting budget since they apparently utilized monologues that go on forever via holotape. So, why?

Shit gunplay.
Shittiest fetch questing ever due to non-interactive NPCs.
Shit Engine.

And, to top it all off, no mods for an entire year at minimum, to fix (in true Bethesda fashion) the consolized UI.

Just who the hell is this game supposed to appeal to? At this point, you can't even say it's entirely due to complacency - this hamfisted release wreaks of clueless executives calling all the shots. What's ironic is that, long-term, the reputation of the company (even among diehard fanboys) is being hurt; perhaps they're operating on 2 year plans.

I just don't understand the decision to remove NPCs - it's moronic at best.
AI. Too expensive to develop unless it'll be cringy.
IMO it's not moronic decision, it's mmo so no AI nor NPCs are needed.
Just who the hell is this game supposed to appeal to?
It's for Star Wars: ToR audience. They refused to boycott it as they didn't care their acceptance ment Kotor3 will never happen.

What and who is exactly misinformed?
Please don't pull Blizzard's "you all have phones", you hopefully saw how pushing something to a wrong audience backfired.

mmos are not solo/singleplayer. Just as phone vibration turned on doesn't mean it's a sex toy supposed to be stuffed, guess where. You can do it, sure, but I don't think you should call others who refuse it as "misinformed".

"MMOs are not solo/singeplayer."

I've been playing the game, so who am I going to believe, someone who has not played the game or me? I think I'm going with me.

This is not a traditional PvP game. The game has a ton of features that allow you to play solo. How do I know this? I've been playing solo since the very beginning of BETA and now that it's live. I've been playing solo the entire time. I have not been attacked even once. Even if you are attacked, it will do practically zero damage if you are playing in pacifist mode and there are literally 1000 ways to get out of PvP. Most people are playing solo. Why are you refusing to believe these things from someone who is playing the game?

If you just cannot believe what I'm saying, go over to Bethesda forums and ask the questions.

Last edited:
That letter reads more like truth than any fiction/parody to me.
Behind closed doors yes but they will never admit in public though.
It's called freedom.

Devs are free to make crappy games. We are free to ignore them.

And some schmucks are free to buy them.

And then we laugh and ridicule the schmucks.;)
So damn true.:lol:

Just like the old proverb "A fool and his money are soon parted."
A foolish person spends money carelessly and will soon be penniless.

Last edited:
"MMOs are not solo/singeplayer."

I've been playing the game, so who am I going to believe, someone who has not played the game or me? I think I'm going with me.

This is not a traditional PvP game. The game has a ton of features that allow you to play solo. How do I know this? I've been playing solo since the very beginning of BETA and now that it's live. I've been playing solo the entire time. I have not been attacked even once. Even if you are attacked, it will do practically zero damage if you are playing in pacifist mode and there are literally 1000 ways to get out of PvP. Most people are playing solo. Why are you refusing to believe these things from someone who is playing the game?

If you just cannot believe what I'm saying, go over to Bethesda forums and ask the questions.

Solo is very viable. But it is so boring and tedious thanks to the boring fetch quests, lifeless locations, lack of NPCs and stuff that made up the narrative elements of the previous games. There are cheaper and better alternatives.
PvP in pacifist mode will still do reduced damage and you can still have your day ruined by groups of people ganging up on you without provocation (not saying it will happen to everybody but happened to me twice. hell there was a gang of 4 or more people going annoying other folks just because they found a power armor early on and became wanted). Imo they should have done something like Dark Zone from the division, an area specifically for PvP.

Congratulations. You've discovered the meaning of an old saying: one's garbage is another's treasure.

Also, you've missed a certain word in one of my previous posts: boycott. Humor me by trying one of games you've deliberately skipped although I call 'em musthaves. Singleplayers of course. Dunno which one exactly… Y0? VC4? Drakensang?

Solo is very viable. But it is so boring and tedious thanks to the boring fetch quests, lifeless locations, lack of NPCs and stuff that made up the narrative elements of the previous games. There are cheaper and better alternatives.
PvP in pacifist mode will still do reduced damage and you can still have your day ruined by groups of people ganging up on you without provocation (not saying it will happen to everybody but happened to me twice. hell there was a gang of 4 or more people going annoying other folks just because they found a power armor early on and became wanted). Imo they should have done something like Dark Zone from the division, an area specifically for PvP.

Yeah, there is still some small chance that you could be taken out even when using every possible trick to get out of it. But it's a small chance. It's still not like the griefathon that some people seem to be making it out to be. For me, solo is very enjoyable.

Yeah, there is still some small chance that you could be taken out even when using every possible trick to get out of it. But it's a small chance. It's still not like the griefathon that some people seem to be making it out to be. For me, solo is very enjoyable.

That is why freedom of choice exists mate :p

You don't have to buy anything in this game. In the 9 or so hours I played the beta and found about a third of the items now available in the atoms shop and I got 1100 atom points not even trying, just from playing the game solo like I would any Fallout game. Everything in the atom store can be found in game. Buying atom points is there if you absolutely have to have everything on day1. F76 isn't a bad game by any stretch. I don't like multiplayer games, but you can play this solo although I do miss human npc's and enemies. I believe they'll be coming eventually though. The game is fun for 60 bucks and all future DLC is going to be free. As for the atom store, if you play the game you'll have little reason to even open it up let alone spend money on it. People just have to have something else to lie and cry about.

If you don't want to participate in pvp you don't have to. Just fast travel. If the person follows you, which I haven't seen or heard of happening yet, you block them, log out and in again, and you'll never see them again.

There are so many options for solo players to avoid PvP.

1. You can sneak everywhere. I do this anyway. But it will keep you from showing on the map. People will have a hard time finding you, unless you just run right into them before you see them.

2. Turn on pacifist mode. If you do this, people will know you don't want PvP. It will also keep you from accidentally shooting someone and initiating PvP.

3. If you do get attacked regardless of those efforts, you will not be receiving any real damage until you fight back. So they are basically just 'slapping you'. You can just ignore them. If they are persistent and the damage start piling up, you can fast travel away. If they are super persistent, and keep following you, finding you, you can jump server. After that, you can even block them so they can never again find you.

4. If they DO wind up killing you, despite all your efforts, they can only take your scrap, not any of your armor or weapons. They then will also get a wanted tag on them, which will likely get them hunted down and killed as a murderer, upon which point, they will lose ALL of their stuff.

So, the amount of protections against unwanted PvP, seem to be pretty effective to this point.

From what I have seen so far, PvP is not the problem. The problem is that for Solo game is a pointless game with almost 0 meaningful gameplay.
It is basically a simplified Fallout 4 with all RPG elements removed.
It is a just a loot/gathering game like Rust and many others but in worse engine and with Fallout name on top of it so fools can be parted from their money.

BTW, I got some icecubes for sale with Fallout logo. 100$ each, trust me it is a bargain. Todd said so.

You don't have to buy anything in this game.
You don't have to buy anything in any phonegame. All are pPay2notplay.
Does that make it good? No. It makes it garbage. A game is supposed to be played.

It is a dream comes true to explore the ruins of our civilization with few survivors wearing what looks like full body blue leotard suit, jumping everywhere as the MMO crowd loves to do, and sporting the kind of weird names they feel the need to have. A chat with some 'LOL' would be a good idea to complete the immersion in a gritty post-apocalyptic world.

That is exactly how I would imagine a theme park about the end of the world if it was produced by the brain fart of Disney and Bethesda.

And just to complete the picture, the gameplay is boring, the quests are tedious and pointless and there is no challenge whatsoever.

So, my wife bought me Fallout 76 today from Amazon Prime. Was going to wait for a big sale myself, but this was a nice gesture from her so...

I guess I'll give my impressions after all once I get it up and running.

So, my wife bought me Fallout 76 today from Amazon Prime. Was going to wait for a big sale myself, but this was a nice gesture from her so…

Wtf? Does she even know you at all?

From what I have seen so far, PvP is not the problem. The problem is that for Solo game is a pointless game with almost 0 meaningful gameplay.
It is basically a simplified Fallout 4 with all RPG elements removed.
It is a just a loot/gathering game like Rust and many others but in worse engine and with Fallout name on top of it so fools can be parted from their money.

That made me laugh! If it is even more simplified than FO4 it is not worth my time and FO4 (even modded) barely was.
FO76 has nothing in common with the early FOs but a general flavor. So I hope it tanks, because if it doesn't we will never see another FO RPG ever.

So, my wife bought me Fallout 76 today from Amazon Prime. Was going to wait for a big sale myself, but this was a nice gesture from her so…

Are you sure it is a nice gesture? Maybe she wants you to get a heart attack from raging how bad the game is? :p

That made me laugh! If it is even more simplified than FO4 it is not worth my time and FO4 (even modded) barely was.
FO76 has nothing in common with the early FOs but a general flavor. So I hope it tanks, because if it doesn't we will never see another FO RPG ever.
We have not seen a real Fallout RPG for a longer while now.
I give up on whatever Bethesda does. Wasteland 3 or some smaller developer is only way to get a Fallout like RPG now.

Back
Top Bottom