Stygian - Crafting System

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones addresses crafting.

Publishing and Crafting: Two Separate Systems of Survival

Greetings Brewers of the Forbidden Recipe!

We'd like to start this update with an announcement. The publishing of Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones will be handled by 1C Online Games the publisher of King's Bounty and Men of War series. This cooperation will help bring Stygian to a wider audience, therefore hasten the doom of mankind, although they are not aware of it...

We'd like to thank the 1C Online team for seeing the potential of mayhem in Stygian. As you can expect, Cultic Games will retain its total creative freedom over the doomed town of Arkham and its unfortunate residents.

Now, let's talk about some of the game systems and have a look at the Crafting System.

There are three main skills associated with Crafting: Science, Medicine and Survival.

With the help of your Science skill you can discover (or learn) blueprints of gadgets and contraptions. With the sufficient Science skill value and the right components you'll be able to craft a variety of items from electric lanterns to prototypical weapons.

With Medicine you can discover (or learn) formulas of mixtures and drugs. With the sufficient Medicine skill value and the right components you'll be able to craft a variety of items from cocaine to pheromone cocktails.

And lastly, Survival gradually unlocks new survival recipes which can aid you in your desperate struggle such as ammo belts and handmade backpacks.

You can see the whole system at work in the showcase video below:

Lastly, there are two types of components which you'll be using to produce your much needed items:

• Specific Components: If the plan requires a specific item and that item only, it falls in to the category of Specific components
  • Components with Crafting Traits: If the plan requires an item with a crafting trait, any item that bears the same trait will suffice
For example if a plan requires an item with the Alcoholic trait, any kind of liquor or even pure alcohol itself will suffice to fill that particular slot. With this approach, we wanted to open up the way for a flexible system that enables situations like using the clothes you wear to make bandages. And we somehow feel that you'll find yourself in grim situations like this pretty often...

Feel free to throw away any questions you might have ladies and gentlemen!

Until we set sail for the black unknown with the elder race from the stars...

Team Cultic
More information.

There is also a new story announcement trailer made available by 1C

The game might be interesting but that trailer doesn't do much to grab my interest. I don't know but maybe I'm just missing something. I mean it might be a really great game with a great story but that trailer just deosn't do much to present the game or the story.

Play the demo or watch some gameplay on youtube.

I've been midly interested in this game because it's made by Turkish developers, has an awesome skill system, and because I'm a fan of lovecraft. So far looking good!

Totally yearning for this title. Gameplay seems pretty neat and the fact that it all takes place in a sort of "post apocalyptic" lovecraftian environment, that´s just icing on the cake.

Who cares about this junk, when we have amazing IRATUS!

Hmm, looks like som kind of a "Darkest Dungeon" clone. Not sure about this one but I´ll put it on the wishlist anyway.

I didn't back the KS, but DLed the demo a few weeks ago and instantly knew this was a game for me. The character creation / skill system resembles that of an old school CRPG; think Fallout 1 / 2, Arcanum, etc.

I didn't play the demo in its entirety, but just a bit to get a glimpse of the game. Only complaint i have is that combat seems to move a bit too slow (i.e., slow character walking animations). Hope they give an option to speed this up somehow. Otherwise, it shows a lot of promise.

I didn't back the KS, but DLed the demo a few weeks ago and instantly knew this was a game for me. The character creation / skill system resembles that of an old school CRPG; think Fallout 1 / 2, Arcanum, etc.

I didn't play the demo in its entirety, but just a bit to get a glimpse of the game. Only complaint i have is that combat seems to move a bit too slow (i.e., slow character walking animations). Hope they give an option to speed this up somehow. Otherwise, it shows a lot of promise.

Nice! Always a good feeling when you find a game that ticks the right boxes for you.

Completely forgot about this game. After trying the demo I'll probably buy it, but it doesn't tick any boxes, or make me want to rate it very high. Sorry just my opinion.^^

I'm with Couch on his - I backed it, tried the demo and while I like the concept, it didn't really grab me (part of that may be the art style, which is odd and interesting, but doesn't really appeal to me that much...such things always disproportionately affect my starting opinion). I still think it's worth playing and I will play it, but not immediately. I do like the look of the skills though.

Back
Top Bottom