BioWare - More Mass Effect & Dragon Age Coming

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamewatcher report on Bioware hinting at more Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

While the gaming community at large has been mostly thrilled with Bioware's upcoming flagship - Anthem - a rather large subset of Bioware fans has also been fairly vocal in regard to their Mass Effect and Dragon Age IPs. This is why Bioware have chosen to address the matter via their latest blog post.

In what is somehow both surprising and utterly expected at the same time, Bioware have outright stated that there are, indeed, some unannounced Mass Effect/Dragon Age projects currently undergoing active development, though they're not nearly done yet.

[...]
More information.

Damage control.

Speak for yourself I say bring it but the moment it's announced as another live service I quit. Why just watch/read interviews with EA they don't care about SP games anymore.

Anyway no other developer has created companions as good as BioWare. That's the only reason I like their games nowadays, and Original Sin 1&2 cant even compare.

Last edited:
Speak for yourself I say bring it but the moment it's announced as another live service I quit.

You're weird. You hate live service but then go ballistic when games you like don't have post-launch DLCs which is part of the live service.

I get the feeling you actually have no idea what live service means. The term wasn't invented by the video game industry, it comes from the Internet of Things buzzworld and applies to all products with support, not just software. Getting a firmware update on your TV is part of a live service in action, being under warranty, calling customer services and getting an on-site tech guy to repair your TV is also live service in action.

BioWare has been doing live service games since DAO (and not ME because it didn't have the data gathering that goes with IOT).

You're weird. You hate live service but then go ballistic when games you like don't have post-launch DLCs which is part of the live service.

I get the feeling you actually have no idea what live service means. The term wasn't invented by the video game industry, it comes from the Internet of Things buzzworld and applies to all products with support, not just software. Getting a firmware update on your TV is part of a live service in action, being under warranty, calling customer services and getting an on-site tech guy to repair your TV is also live service in action.

BioWare has been doing live service games since DAO (and not ME because it didn't have the data gathering that goes with IOT).
Boo stick and stones but really don't care. :p J

Let me break it down for you. I don't want ANTHEM'S online server based play becoming the BioWare standard. Is that simply enough for you to understand now.

You also failed to read that EA considers SP games worthless nowadays.

Now moving on don't expect another reply form me.:shh:

Last edited:
DA is no surprise. ME demands to be confirmed. Toxic material.

The whole Bioware/EA fiasco could be deemed, "toxic material". And there, I just actually did it!!
Tell me it about it as some day's I remind myself it's better to not post anything. :nod:

I would like to see both a new Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I didn't enjoy Andromeda or Inquisition so much, but if the new games looked decent I'd give them a go.

Last week a new ME or DA (but mostly the first) would make me very excited, but Dragon age 2 is sucking the joy out of gaming at the moment. God, dungeons are so bland, I only want to know where the story goes. If I stop posting soon I might have given up on gaming. :'(

I would like to see both a new Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I didn't enjoy Andromeda or Inquisition so much, but if the new games looked decent I'd give them a go.

I liked both universe, so I still have a small hope for next instalments.

Last week a new ME or DA (but mostly the first) would make me very excited, but Dragon age 2 is sucking the joy out of gaming at the moment. God, dungeons are so bland, I only want to know where the story goes. If I stop posting soon I might have given up on gaming. :'(

Please, do yourself a HUGE favour and IMMEDIATELY delete DA2 from your HD!! Trust me the game (sic) only gets worse the more you play it!!!!!

DA2 isn't for everybody; sounds like it's not for you.

Both franchises have seen better days. The first DA is a lovingly crafted crpg that didn't really try any risks storywise, but it was a huge success so they rushed a sequel to market seemingly ignoring some of the key elements that made the first one a success.

DA2 might still have been fine if they hadn't have marketed it as the sequel but rather a whole stand alone game set in the DA universe. The Chronicles of Hawke or some such. Then the game element changes wouldn't have been as jarring.

Keep meaning to finish the third, but I don't load Origins up much so out of sight, out of mind.

ME 1-2 were great for what they were. The third was more of what worked, for the most part, overshadowed by an ending that will be remembered as one of the greatest blunders in the industry.

I couldn't get Andromeda to work without frequent crashing, which was a free play on Origins months after the fact. They've abandoned it as is, there doesn't look to be any more support. What I saw didn't really compel me to continue.

But both are solid IPs that they'd be wise to bring some fresh blood into.

Bioware could also benefit from resisting the urge to be preachy, for lack of a better term, as it's definitely creeping into their more modern content. I won't say more, other than it's just my personal take.

Bioware has disappointed me since 2011, but I still want to believe they can make a good Dragon Age game. Inquisition was *almost* good, but the open world ruined it.

I’m not a sci fi guy so I was never able to get in to ME but I’m all for some more DA.

I’d love to see a return to DAO but I’m sure that’s to much to ask so I’d settle for them to decide on either rtwp combat or action combat. This hybrid thing their doing is making both styles suffer imo.

Back
Top Bottom