Bard's Tale I - Remaster launches on August 14

Great, I'm really looking forward to this!

Edit: for information, you can't buy the remasters individually by the looks of things. You buy the "Bards Tale Trilogy", which is then updated with parts 2 and 3 later in the year when they come out, and then eventually the "legacy mode", which is an optional mode that makes the remasters more similar to the original versions. I'm totally happy with this approach as I was going to buy all three anyway, I just hadn't realised that was the plan.

Last edited:
Looks awesome, can't wait! $20 for all four games is a steal! :D

Daniel.

Staying away from this on the very first day will be difficult for me, unless I'm still waist-deep in Legend of Heroes replays, which I probably will be, seeing as I'm barely halfway through the second right now. I really did enjoy those first three Bard's Tales games, maybe too much!!!

They seriously couldn't increase the size of the game window? :-/

I mean, we're in 2018 now not 1985. Why do all that work to remaster the visuals and keep such a tiny game window? They should have enlarged it and rearranged the UI to adapt.

Awesome! More looking forward to this then the new game.

This looks pretty good. Kind of wish the map as you move on the left side was larger but i think I understand why it isn't. Still pretty good given the age and design.

I've never actually played the originals, so this will be a treat. :)

Daniel.

The facelift on the UI is surprisingly awesome. Wish I were equally excited by the BT4 UI... but it looks like Tron :(

Who backed the game at USD 20 tier or more (like me) is supposed to receive the remasters for free?

Ok Silver, but I was asking a slightly different question. I mean: I paid only USD 20, no add-ons. Will I receive the remasters as well? IIRC (and that's why I'm asking here, to see if anyone can answer me) the backers starting at USD 20 would also receive the remasters, when they're done. If i'm mistaken, please feel free to correct me.

The facelift on the UI is surprisingly awesome. Wish I were equally excited by the BT4 UI… but it looks like Tron :(

Yea it's odd many people myself included said this but I have never seen them respond to it. Apparently it's not something they are willing to change. Weird because this does not seem like a big thing to change.

That is my understanding. Guess we find out in a week or so :)

Ok Silver, but I was asking a slightly different question. I mean: I paid only USD 20, no add-ons. Will I receive the remasters as well? IIRC (and that's why I'm asking here, to see if anyone can answer me) the backers starting at USD 20 would also receive the remasters, when they're done. If i'm mistaken, please feel free to correct me.

You will. Its on the Kickstarter page for BT4 for the 20 (early bird) and 25 dollar tier. I had a look to confirm.

Attachments

• 20 tier.jpg
    20 tier.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 91
Now that looks more like Bard's Tale! :)

I could have done without the cheesy Scottish narration though to be honest.
Still, this brings the game up to near Devil Whiskey levels of visual quality and the work done looks excellent. I hope the release really does bring a new generation of players to these great games and indeed, excites those eager to return to Skara Brae.

Back
Top Bottom