Blobber with guns

Copper Coin

Outspoken D&D critic
A M&M 6 style blobber with modern guns has always been a dream of mine, but can it even be done without looking cheesy?

6 wasn't a blobber, was it? You could walk around freely? Great game, though!

Maybe Vaporum, the steampunk blobber?

Or an old Amiga classic, Hired Guns was one of my favourites a long time ago. Sci-fi blobber where you have a separate view for each of your characters. Was a game ahead of its time.

6 wasn't a blobber, was it? You could walk around freely?

Being a blobber (i.e. "a blob with multiple bodies, arms and legs") has little to do with freedom of movement of the blob. M&M 6-9, Wizardry 8, Wizards and Warriors - are all blobbers, despite not having step-wise movement.

Hmmmmmmmm...

I always thought it was about the movement being in blobs. I thought 6 was a party based FPS.

Yeah, I've always understood a blobber as being a party-based game with one first-person view for the entire party. The movement being turn-based or real time is independent of that.

I think I get where you're coming from. The archery in mm6 was really good and you'd just spam one fire key for it while walking backwards. No other games had archery quite like this.

I haven't played mm7 yet. :)

Now we need a term for the specific sub-genre discussed in this thread.
We could simply call this a multiple first person shooter rpg. A tiny bit wordy.

Instead, lets mix shooter with blobber, since it is such a convenient term. So…

Blooper?

Not exactly the same thing, but games like:

Hired Guns
Captive
Captive 2 - Liberation
Xenomorph

Come reasonably close.

Back
Top Bottom