Escape from the Pit. The Never Ending Story...

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
This is only mildly spoilerish as I'm only talking at a super high level but just so you know....

I'll start by saying I love EftP but its starting to wear out its welcome. I thought the game was wrapping up. I took out the big demon and that was a hell of a fight and real rewarding. Took me 3 attempts to get the tactics effective. In my opinion it could have easily been the game finale fight. But now I've got two mind numbingly irritating quests. I have to collect 4 parts of a damn password and 5 damn broaches. I've explored the entire world with the exception of the game ending content but know I have to retrace and find these damn things that are spread all over the world in order to progress. One of the items is supposed to be with a dragon I already killed. I have zero motivation. I'm contemplating asking exactly where all this crap is so I can just get to the end game fight.

Just how much coffee was Jeff drinking when he designed all this stuff??? Did anyone else experience this fatigue by this point?

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave to him a few weeks ago:

Yes, they certainly are big. Which is both good and bad. Good because more of what you like is always good. Bad because towards the end you do run into some really draining backtracking combined with complete confusion about what you have to do where. The difficulty will also spike quite dramatically in the last couple of hours. Hence while most people who get that far do like the games, they also find themselves quite burned out upon completion, and it's a rare soul who marathons more than one or two games in the series in concurrence.

I get fatigued with anything longer than about 30 hours these days. I put it down to as an adult, life is busy. I like the idea of huge, long games but I can't seem to stick with them anymore. I often end up playing them in chunks but it is difficult picking up a game again after leaving it for a few months as you have to go through a bit of a relearning process and especially if you have to rely on your memory to know where things are.

Charming stuff there Kaos, never a truer word spoken about you and your lifestyle, however, I must have read that same paragraph by the same people a hundred times on this site and its a fairly generic reply to any thread which talks about game length in any way rather than saying something specific about the game being discussed.

I'd keep my mouth shut, but I've done that for years on this and posts such as these don't cease, but increase, like any street corner preaching that goes unchecked. I get it, some people don't like big games any more, older, commitments, etc, that's nice dear, etc, but it doesn't need to be expressed on every post that mentions game length in some way.

Anyway, back to Escape From The Pit/Spiderweb Games discussion. :)

I'll post whatever I like. If this is the kind of thing you like to say then I'm glad you do keep your mouth shut, pls continue to do so.

spidermantread.jpg

Well put in a few more hours and I’m on the surface nearing the big battle. I fully expect this to be a die & reload bonanza :)

Back
Top Bottom