Lord of the Rings Online - Pre-Order Program Revealed

By your own rules, you aren't credible. ;)

I'm not in the beta... but I'm not credible anyway *wink*. The girl I'm living with is
in the beta, and I was just playing around a bit with her account and was browsing the beta forums for a while.
But on a more serious side, I never claimed I was the ultimate source of right information. In fact I always emphasised that I'm posting an opinion, my opinion. As you can see, someone else who posted has a very different impression of the game - and I think that is perfectly fine.

The reason a company who believed they have a good product would do this is ridiculously easy: WoW.

I even agree with you here. That's probably why they are doing it. Does that make it any better? Sorry, not from my point of view.

When you are trying to carve out a play base against something overwhelmingly dominant, you need to be creative. They owe it to their investors to get the best return they possibly can - whether or not the product deserves it.

As a potential customer, and not a potential investor I don't give much about what a company ows their investors and care more about my own rights. I mean, what you are saying is right - it probably is the way things are done nowadays, but for me that doesn't mean that I have to sit in the corner and silently accept it. Fortunately, companies have not yet found a way to silence their potential customers.

From a buyer's side - caveat emptor. If you are not in the beta but are prepared to plonk down $200 sight unseen, why should I care?

True, in a way they are just advertising their product. I have no problem with that really. But that does not mean that I have to like the way they are doing it. From my point of view every customer is of course, as you say, responsible for her(him)self, but I also think that the provider of a particular product or service has a certain responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom