DA:O Mountaintop Dragon Fight (potential spoilers)

Dragon Age: Origins
Yeah that renewing "feature" is bothersome.

Alistair also stops attacking if the enemy moves out of range if the hold button is on. Do you not see that behavior? THAT'S the most irritating aspect of the hold button. I don't want him to hold, only the other party members.

Oh, now I understand what you mean, sorry! I guess I didn't really notice it, because the enemy never usually runs away from me. :p

Guess, I'm not scary enough, huh? :p
But yes - with the dragons flying up like that, that would of course break the attack sequence, and you would have to re-assign.
Sadly that's just one downside of the way I prefer to play, but so far the only thing I have encountered that with, is the big dragons, and ogres, etc. when they use that "ram" attack.
Since I'm busy assigning talents/ spells all the time anyway, I guess I simply don't find it as bothersome as some players might find it. :)

Yes, and since he gets knocked back so often, and the dragon moves around so much, the renewing of attack is a constant thing, if the hold button is on. If it's turned off he jumps up, runs after, and attacks with minimal lag. I just wish I could turn of hold for the Tank and on for the Mages, like I could in NWN….

Mmm, Zloth, I'm rather amazed that you never mentioned the dragon flying up and swooping down in a slam attack. This was the worst aspect for me, because you never know who or where it's going to hit next.
Huh, the only time that happened was right at the start of the battle.

Huh, the only time that happened was right at the start of the battle.

I guess you kept it frozen then? Sadly only Morrigan in my party has COC, and it doesnt cool down fast enough. Mr Dragon seemed to be pretty resistant to most of my stun/paralyse attacks.

Wynne has in the meantime acquired the first ice spell, just to help out a bit.

Doesn't have to be frozen. You can get lucky. Also, if you have a solid tank that always manages to keep the dragon under control, it will rarely lift off. If, however, it keeps changing targets to people further away, it'll do a lot of flying.

Yes, the last battle I played, Alistair was able to keep the dragons attention, without it moving around or jumping up. May have been luck, but the key thing seemed to be to make sure none of my mages attacked it; they just healed and buffed Alistair. As I said above, Leilana could fire away with arrows without attracting aggro, though. Odd that one since she was doing good damage.

Nope, no freezing from me. I did have somebody at the dragon's back pretty constantly, though, so the thing kept kicking bacwards and tail sweeping much of the time.

Back
Top Bottom