Middle-earth: Shadow of War - More Gameplay

Same like the first. Wish it'd just die.

The first one was good hack n slash fun so I'm looking forward to the second one.

The first one was good hack n slash fun so I'm looking forward to the second one.

I too am looking forward to the second one. The first one was much better than I thought it would be, one of my favorite games of that year.

Got bored with the first one after a few hours. It sure looked pretty, though.

Of what I heard about the story (player forges his own ring of power, etc.), I'm sure Tolkien would not approve...

First game was boring as hell. Now, I'm sick to death of generic open-worlders, but I usually last a few hours before putting them down.

For this one, I think I lasted all of 30 minutes or so - and though I tried to force myself beyond that, it never worked for me.

It's literally all combat - and I didn't even like the combat.

Also, I'm a big Tolkien fan - and I don't think their take on his material was appropriate.

Also, I'm a big Tolkien fan - and I don't think their take on his material was appropriate.
I also did not like the idea of playing this strangely powerful entity. It just felt not fitting to the setting.

But: there just isn't much left to make games out of from the books.
It's not like Star Trek or Star Wars where the universe is constantly officially expanded (and retconned, and scrapped, and... but you get the idea).

So they have to come up with something of their own, and that always runs the risk of not fitting the rest.

I also did not like the idea of playing this strangely powerful entity. It just felt not fitting to the setting.

But: there just isn't much left to make games out of from the books.
It's not like Star Trek or Star Wars where the universe is constantly officially expanded (and retconned, and scrapped, and… but you get the idea).

So they have to come up with something of their own, and that always runs the risk of not fitting the rest.

I'm not a purist or anything - and I think there are ways to create unique stories in that world without big issues.

LotRO and WitN both did much better, imo.

Someone is bound to wonder if UbiSoft has outsourced the running animation to the same guys who worked on the face animations of MEA.
More seriously: the game always pause to tell you which key to press at each moment? Is that a tutorial mode or it is a persistent feature?

Personally, I enjoyed the first part. Sure, it was a strange version of middle earth, but since I'm not a middle earth fanatic, that doesn't really concern me. Even if I was, I would simply consider this an alternative version and enjoy it on its own without concentrating all the time why it isn't like Lord of the Rings. Depends on personal taste, I guess. Looking forwards to the 2nd part, sounds like more of the same with some improvements which is exactly what I want for a part 2.

First wasn't bad, but incredibly overrated. Not that this misguided me, nor that I regret have buy it much later at Mac release. And I'll even admit there's a problem of genre and preferences, so it's not a genre I like much, then it's not a game I can evaluate well.

What's a lot more a problem is when some players bring in arguing such games when the arguing is about a game trying setup a full RPG.

This ends with absurdity that Codex promotes such game and bash DAI. Mad world.

Middle Earth is huge and a unique story could be set say in the south where the blue wizards disappeared. Or the far east. Or …

Agreed, an absolutely wasted IP....these games smack more of movie tie-ins, in the worse sense. What I want is an original RPG set in the age of numenor etc - quite far removed from LoTR. That would be awesome. Not an action fest, but some party-based game with interesting mechanics ...maybe even based on the old middle earth RPS (which I only ever looked at briefly, a 100 years ago) ;) It actually makes me ill when I think that this license is locked away...what a monumental waste.

It'd be pretty funny if they turned Tulkas into Hulk like game, smashing all around. ;)

This ends with absurdity that Codex promotes such game and bash DAI. Mad world.

What??? Codex promotes shallow overrated heavy action Shadow of Mordor as some good RPG?

Back
Top Bottom