Hearkenwold

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor
Pretty neat Gold Box-esque role-playing game. I'm enjoying it. It has tiles that have random things to find, combat is turn-based with satisfaction and it has competently written dialogue and even race and skill specific dialogue (with the conversation lifted from Sword of Zehir, nice!) Overall it's a pretty neat little gem. Anyone played it?

Sorry man, I don't play games on my Nokia3310 any more.

Damn, my cover just got busted.

pic.jpg

"Harkenworld". Discover the world as an almost deaf man !

I've not heard of this one at all, I take it that this game isn't available via great old games or steam? The gold box reference well hooked me!

Pretty neat Gold Box-esque role-playing game. I'm enjoying it. It has tiles that have random things to find, combat is turn-based with satisfaction and it has competently written dialogue and even race and skill specific dialogue (with the conversation lifted from Sword of Zehir, nice!) Overall it's a pretty neat little gem. Anyone played it?

Good shout! Yeah I've played it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. For my last play through I used a party entirely composed only of dwarves which was a fun challenge - two fighters, a cleric and a thief. The lack of a magic user wasn't too bad at first, but later in the game I really missed the AoE spells. I remember there was one fight on a bridge that was particularly awkward without ranged combat and AoE. You can have a lot of fun trying out different party compositions.

It's still in development at the minute so there is more content to come. :)

Cool @Pongo; , glad to see you liked it! It is pretty neat, lots of party builds to play with and character development. I'm enjoying it quite a bit even if I am getting rocked a lot in combat early (just need to level up, heh.) :)

My description doesn't really do it justice. By 'random things to find on tiles' I mean there are hand-crafted encounters to find on certain tiles, whether you find wood to build a powerful bow or it's an encounter with wolves, you'll explore and find different unique and handcrafted encounter tiles. It's a cool gem but I want to finish up my Outward run before really delving into it more.

Back
Top Bottom