Assassin's creed Vikings (rumor)

Damn was hoping for Rome but I'll take a Viking game like Odyssey.

I wish they'd go full fantasy even thought that would go against everything AC is about.

These pseudo-realistic settings really limit exploration and enemy variety imo.

I don't see how it limits exploration, but I agree the historical settings don't leave a whole lot of room for enemy variety. AC: Odyssey does have fantasy elements though.

As far as a vikings setting for an AC game, no thanks. I just don't see that being a good match.

I wish they'd go full fantasy even thought that would go against everything AC is about.

These pseudo-realistic settings really limit exploration and enemy variety imo.
Might make a good spin-off like Ubisioft does with the Far Cry games.:nod:

Strange enough, I heard AC fans complaining that Odyssey was too much fantasy (there is a cyclops in there). They want to go back to the old AC games with more story and less fantasy (besides the dna machine and aliens :) ).

All very well, as long as that story has an ending. I remember the ending of AC2 and was interested how it will play out. Did they finish that in the subsequent games or did they start improvising along the way which I absolutely hate.

Which Vikings? Those that visited america continent before Columbo or those who traded with asians? I bet neither, but silly History channel TV show instead.
Whatever, if it's RPG again, I'll buy, if not, won't care.

Strange enough, I heard AC fans complaining that Odyssey was too much fantasy (there is a cyclops in there). They want to go back to the old AC games with more story and less fantasy (besides the dna machine and aliens :) ).

All very well, as long as that story has an ending. I remember the ending of AC2 and was interested how it will play out. Did they finish that in the subsequent games or did they start improvising along the way which I absolutely hate.
At this point asking to go back to the old Assassin Creed Creed formula is a waste of time. They already admitted the new versions sell better, and I cant go back either.

Anyway the story was finished with Assassin Creed III every other game since is a filler.
Which Vikings? Those that visited america continent before Columbo or those who traded with asians? I bet neither, but silly History channel TV show instead.
More likely the kill and plunder kind with the Norse gods that were aliens.

Couch, any reason why you want to see Rome? Apparantly that already has been done in AC Brotherhood. Come to think of it, I might have played that one :).
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/what-are-the-best-settings-in-the-assassins-creed-franchise

Or you mean Rome 117 AD?

Or those guys from The Last Kingdom which you still have to see. Must see before you die.

I don't see how it limits exploration, but I agree the historical settings don't leave a whole lot of room for enemy variety. AC: Odyssey does have fantasy elements though.

As far as a vikings setting for an AC game, no thanks. I just don't see that being a good match.

Just as it limits the different enemies you can choose from i feel it limits the amount of cool things you can find. Whereas in a made up fantasy world the only limitation is their imagination.

Just as it limits the different enemies you can choose from i feel it limits the amount of cool things you can find. Whereas in a made up fantasy world the only limitation is their imagination.

Ah ok, I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about the actual act of exploring in itself. Yeah, the things you can find in a historically accurate setting are definitely limited.

Assassin's Creed Caligula! Say yes to Rome and no to Skyrim Jr.

With so many Assassin's Creed games over the years, I've honestly lost track about the story and which parts of history they visited. Vikings, though, sounds interesting and I'll definitely consider playing it more than previous ones.

Ah, you know, Rome would be nice, but why not do Assassins Creed 2200?

In space, with highly scientific space magic and lasers, pew, pew! Win!

How many "arrows in the knee" joke do you think there's going to be in it?

A cyberpunk Assassin's Creed would be cool too.

and the more people are talking about Odyssey the more I'm thinking of trying it…but uplay, meh (I already have a uplay account for the record).

Don't know about Vikings but we are getting a Rome game.

Link - https://segmentnext.com/2019/04/05/assassins-creed-ragnarok-spotted-in-the-division-2-easter-egg/
Previously we reported that the developer is working on Assassin’s Creed codenamed “Legion” which is set in Italy and will launch sometime in 2020. The rumor came from a known source who claims that we will be able to play with two characters named Cassius and Lucia (descendants from Origins and Odyssey) in the upcoming game.

Vikings in Rome!!!

Now that's original

Vikings in Rome!!!

Now that's original
No Vikings just another game set in historic Rome. They haven't mentioned the year yet but you play as the descendants of both characters from Origins and Odyssey.

Like I said in my earlier post Rome was mentioned in Origins.

More details.
– Next Assassins Creed is codenamed Legion in 2020 on current and next gen
– Set in Italy at the end of reign of Marcus Aurelius (guy from Gladiator) and during the struggles of his son Commodus and the year of 5 emperors
– Play as Cassius or Lucia, a descendent of characters from Origins and Odyssey
– Unclear which is canon, but like odyssey features choices and heavy RPG elements and same story for both characters.
– Made by Sofia to tie up some loose ends for the “Ancient Trilogy” and currently is more first civ intensive than other game.
– Main story is more involved in assassins and politics with first civ and flashbacks to other points in Rome history being secondary. Ubi wants to make it feel more like assassins creed while feeling like Odyssey to make old and new fans happy
– Map is mainland Italy and small part of Gaul and Germania like Libya in Origins
– Revised mercenary and cultist system. Big cultists and main story assassinations have those memory things

Back
Top Bottom