Queen's Wish - Official Trailer

Well you always complain most of us don't like games/to much negativity on site.

Be careful what you wish for.:biggrin:

I'm more interested in Jeff's older work at the moment. Getting into Exile 1 a bit and hoping to play through the trilogy.

I'm more interested in Jeff's older work at the moment. Getting into Exile 1 a bit and hoping to play through the trilogy.

Jeff alluded he might redo the series Geneforge into a super-enhanced version.
Frankly, I'm more interested in Geneforge now. :D

Unless there is a fantastic graphic modder - IIRC who re-did the UI of Avernum 1 or 2 into a breathtaking beauty - but that will take time for this game.

Yep same posts about about Jeff Vogel's games once again.:biggrin:

I get it his games could use improvements but like I mentioned before he did and almost went bankrupt. That's why he wont invest a lot of money for upgrades anymore.

Anyway I don't play his games for graphics. I play them for the story and setting. Yet I can't deny if he switched to a modern engine he could make better games.:nod:

Yep, his games are like good books you get to keep reading over and over again with new covers:)

You should have already played the story...

You should have already played the story…

I didn't know the games existed until a couple years ago, and they never worked on my Windows 10 setup. Now I got the games modded to work on Win10 so I'm going back to them.

I didn't know the games existed until a couple years ago, and they never worked on my Windows 10 setup. Now I got the games modded to work on Win10 so I'm going back to them.

You do know it's the same story used in multiple iterations?

I'm probably more inclined to play Avernum 4 (having completed all three Avernum remakes) or start Geneforge than I am to go all the way back to Exile; I sense I already know what I'd find there. I quite enjoyed Nethergate though, so would be naturally curious on the overall narrative differences.

As for Queen's Wish, I didn't support the Kickstarter after experiencing some burnout with the platform but ultimately as someone who enjoys Jeff's output, I'd still give it a shot if the feedback is generally positive. That said, I am slowing down these days and not nearly playing as much as I have done in the past. Competing in arcade games seems to be more appealing to me at the moment. Maybe it's merely a feeling that will soon pass. I've still got plenty of classic RPGs that I've yet to play. :)

I enjoyed the Avernum remakes a lot, but I haven't played much of his other stuff. I tried Avadon but couldn't get into it.

I want to be optimistic about this, but I don't like the tone ("mom has a job for you"…. shudder) or the fortress building stuff. The graphics look fine to me though to be honest. Anyway, if it gets good reviews from watchers I might pick it up and give it a go.

Yeah, but I heard the Exile versions have different RPG elements, which is what I'm mainly interested in.

I'd be interested in what you think about them. I was considering giving them a go as well!

Edit: ha, it was actually the second remake I was thinking of playing rather than Exile. :) I'd forgotten the latest ones were remake #3 . Still interested in your views on Exile though!

His mom is a tyrant you can't refuse or your butt will be on the streets disinherited. The whole point of the game is you play as you want with multiple routes and branches.

Basically be a tyrant, liberator, or rebel again.

Last edited:
Since Geneforge was mentioned... Just going on what Jeff's said in the recent past, I think the next game we're getting after Queen's Wish is a remake of Geneforge 1. Then we get Queen's Wish 2, then remake of Geneforge 2, and so forth.

I would NOT wait for him to “improve” Geneforge. It’s great as is and honestly the graphics seem to me slightly ahead of his new engine. Also the original Geneforge games (1-4) allow scout ahead tactics out of combat which he broke in the Avadon / Geneforge 5 engine. The original Geneforge unlike the middle Avernum games (first remake) have full character animations as well.

Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - April 2019 Update
First off, the big news. We have officially announced Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror! The official game page is here …
http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/queenswish/index.html
and the Steam page is here …
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1058130/Queens_Wish_The_Conqueror/

You can see screenshots, the full trailer, and lots of other information about the game. Actually getting the trailer out and the web pages up are a big milestone, and we’re pretty thrilled.

In other news, we’re still writing the game. We just finished 6 of 8 sections, so the world should be done about a week into June. The Windows version will be done not long after that, and a lot of serious testing will happen all through this. (Backers who get access to the closed beta will hear from us then.)

We also have a list of the little things that need to happen. Things like in-game instructions, achievements, title and splash screen, that sort of thing.

Whenever we find a spare hour, we tick one thing off that list. This is the stage where we remember all the things where we said, “Oh. We can do that later.” We have now reached “later.”

Definitely looking forward to this. As with all Spider web IPs I anticipate that I will love the first one and then become increasingly disillusioned with each identical sequel.

Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - May 2019 Update
Another big month for getting stuff done. We are about 2 weeks from having the entire storyline written. That is the biggest single milestone. It’s the point where we go from “Writing a Game” to “Finishing a Game,” and it’s really exciting. All sound effects are done. This means we can load a lot of other fancy stuff (like weather) that were waiting for sounds.

Early Macintosh testing to get the game to a playable state is going very well, if exhausting. We’re getting dozens of bug reports a day, and each one gets us a little closer to done.

It will take about a week after the story is written to actually finish the game. This includes writing achievements, instructions, the splash screen, and so on. Then comes final testing and the Windows port. We’re still looking great for a September release.

Back
Top Bottom