General News - Top 20 JRPGs on Steam

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Twinfinite shares their list of the top 20 JRPGs on Steam.

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

There are a handful of Tales games available on Steam, but if you haven't played the series before, Tales of Vesperia is the best place to start. Vesperia tells the story of Yuri Lowell, an ex-knight who, in a twist of fate, ends up helping a princess escape the castle he's imprisoned in.

Like most Tales games, Vesperia features a phenomenal cast of characters who all build up interesting relationships with one another. Much like Dragon Quest XI, each party member in Vesperia has their own story arc and moment to shine. Vesperia's fast-paced action combat is also a nice break from turn-based RPGs, and you can directly control any of the game's nine party members, allowing for a ton of variation. The good news is that if you like Vesperia you can jump right into Tales of Symphonia, Zestiria, and Berseria, all of which are on Steam.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Bout time Japanese developers found they can make a profit on JRPGs on the PC. In the past you wouldn't see many big budget JRPGs get a PC release it was very rare.:celebrate:

Now if only they could make good M&KB controls as most are lacking in that department.

Once their factories start manufacture keyboards and mice, they will. Currently their "patriotism" shills for mushrooms rubbish where every sold plastics returns them some $.

About the list, the first game in top 20 is Dragon Quest 11. Say what.
Stopped reading right there.

I would read a lot more if there weren't so many jrpg's to play these days, many of which I've never played because I skipped owning many earlier consoles. I tend to stick to the turn-based games, but I've played some of the action-y ones as well. I really need to pick up that Dragon Quest game at some point.

"NieR: Automata was an instant cult classic in the making..."
Wait, what?? How can it be in the making if it was instant!? How does Valkyria Chronicles get just one the list but Final Fantasy gets the whole series on the list? How is Valkyria Chronicles even a JRPG while Yakuza 0 doesn't even make the list? Most of all, why is there no 'next game' link!?

Back
Top Bottom