Elder Scrolls VI - Not Announced at E3

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Farflame spotted this opinion piece on MMOExaminer:

The Elder Scrolls 6 Wasn’t Announced at E3 and That’s a Good Thing

Recently, Bethesda held their conference at E3. There was plenty of content to get excited for and some of the best bits were covered right here at MMOexaminer. Whether you were impressed with what you saw or not, it seems that the internet almost unanimously was crying out for something very specific: the announcement of the Elder Scrolls VI.

[...]

If a new title in the series to be released this year, it would likely be running on the same engine that Bethesda built Skyrim and Fallout 4 on. There would be little to no changes in gameplay, and would most likely only feature a change of scenery. For some of you, that might be enough, but I look at that as Skyrim DLC.

If I’m going to pay $60 USD (or whatever ungodly amount triple A publishers are asking for a few years from now) then the Elder Scrolls VI better be built on a new or at least dramatically improved engine with less bug and fewer random crashes. Not only that, but I have high hopes for the location of the next game. With the release of the Elder Scrolls Online in 2014, players have gotten the chance to see many places in Tamriel we haven’t seen in the “main games” of the franchise. We have already spent time in previously unexplored lands like Black Marsh, Elsweyr, and the Summerset Isles. I submit to you that the next game should take place on an entirely different continent: Akavir. This would not only mean a completely foreign landscape, but likely the addition of the monkey, tiger, and snake-like races of men. Of course, that means more work for the developers which, in turn, would mean more additional time.

[...]
More information.

I'm not surprised that they didn't announce ES06 but I do think this is the worst year for announcements for e3 that I can remember. There is not one game coming that I will play or even care about watching for. So bored with AAA developers that I am betting most of this years buz will come from Indies for me.

I'm not surprised that they didn't announce ES06 but I do think this is the worst year for announcements for e3 that I can remember. There is not one game coming that I will play or even care about watching for. So bored with AAA developers that I am betting most of this years buz will come from Indies for me.

Agreed, except for Cyberpunk there are no AAA titles currently in official development that I'm really psyked about.

Didn't Bethesda say they are done with announcing games a long, long time before they're released?
And since it takes them 3 to 4 years to develop a new game, we can expect Elder Scrolls 6 to be released in about one to two years. Either way, we'll find out at next year's E3. If they announce it in the next E3 or around that time, it'll be released in 2018, which would be surprising because that'd mean a 3 year development cycle, which is unlikely. So I think in the next E3 we won't be seeing Elder Scrolls 6, which means it'll be released in 2019.

I guess I am the only person interested in Monster Hunter World…

Although, Bethsoft not announcing anything new this year outside sequels to Evil Within and Wolfenstein is somewhat worrisome to me. That means their other two new IPs they have been working on since even before 2011 aren't even close to be ready and these come before any new single player Elder Scrolls game.

Howard mentioned the need for 2 games to be announced prior, which were from what I understand, technological prerequisites to ES6. I'm assuming all the VR they announced means that's what they'll be pushing for the next ES.

11-11-11 was a long time ago. They need to release the new elder scrolls soon because it takes another year for good mods and bug smashing to make the game top notch.

Agreed, except for Cyberpunk there are no AAA titles currently in official development that I'm really psyked about.

There are so many cool indies, though. I stopped caring about TES, sequels can mean only more dumbing down.

There are so many cool indies, though. I stopped caring about TES, sequels can mean only more dumbing down.

There's 4 universal constants:
1) Speed of Light in a vacuum
2) Newtonian constant of gravitation
3) Planck Constant
4) luj1 caring enough to let everyone know he stopped caring about TES in every single Bethesda thread.

It's ok if they don't ever release TES6, but can they stop milking Skyrim? I can't stand that anymore.

That's a pretty dumb and unnecessary clickbait opinion piece since we have official word from the powers that be that there won't be a new single player TES announcement for a "very, very long time". Which part of that statement did MMO Examiner not comprehend?

There's 4 universal constants:
1) Speed of Light in a vacuum
2) Newtonian constant of gravitation
3) Planck Constant
4) luj1 caring enough to let everyone know he stopped caring about TES in every single Bethesda thread.

Only number four is constant, the first three actually aren't :). Not that someone who spams memes as a substitute for wit would know science, though. ;)

Only number four is constant, the first three actually aren't :). Not that someone who spams memes as a substitute for wit would know science, though. ;)

That's what someone jealous of my wit AND memes would say!

But seriously, let us have a bonding moment:

fuck-you-middle-finger-peter-dinklage-penelope.gif

Wait, nevermind.

If Bethesda or Bio never released another game ever I would be find with that.

I'd say we have a long wait - but it's ok, plenty of goodies around to entertain us.

It's nice to have a game on the horizon that's probably going to be released AFTER Star Citizen :)

Akavir for next TES seems about right. You know, ES VI would be marketed as AkaVIr. It makes sense to leave Tamriel as well beacause of ESO, though I'd still prefer to revisit Hammerfell.

I've always wanted a TES to be focused around Black Marsh. Such potential for amazing atmosphere, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom