The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Actually, this applies to the whole group. It might be easier to think of this session as an alt run that people can bring their mains to if they want. We're doing eKeep for loot and XP. If you want to run your main, that's fine because that group has been released so they don't have to match levels anymore. If you want to bring a different toon (20-26), that's fine too.

I've been busy this week so my paladin is still level 24. I might play him up to 25 before the session. I can bring him for the eKeep run.

I've only run eKeep twice so I still need a lot of gear from there.

Reminder that, for those that can join, we'll be on the 9/10 alts this week, most likely gutting out a slavers run. I'm guessing there's a good chance we'll break out our shiny new lvl3 toons the following Friday (04DEC).

We ran Keep tonight. Everyone got lvl4. Thing is, I'm planning on us doing the newer lvl3 content which means we might not want to go into that under level. That puts us in line to start doing the harbor 2's next week just like we were going to do tonight to get toon level 5. Kind of a mess.

We might be able to tackle Catacombs early, even with it being "refreshed" content, so maybe we can focus on the quick harbor 2's to get a couple ranks in and then jump over. We can talk it over next week.

Content plan-
lvl3 - catacombs, gatekeeper3's, waterworks
lvl4 - finish waterworks, Depths chain (quick XP, can finish under level), Sharn Syndicate for Coin Lords
lvl5- off to the Feywild assuming we can figure out something for Corwin

While I can't really afford it, I haven't spent much on the game recently, so I've forked out the AUS$60 for the standard edition so that the group can all play the new content. I don't need unicorns!! :)

OK. I will TR my sorc to level 4 ready for running level 2 harbor quests next Friday.

Did you get far into level 4 or just at the start. Just so I place myself at the right rank by eating those XP stones.

I want to thank everyone who gave me feathers. Meanwhile I do have unicorns ( I do need them, Corwin ! :p ) , I don't have many feathers for alts. So this was really useful. Thank you.

Corwin : If you want to see a really weird and whimsical story, then take a few days and play slowly through the Feywild. It is really fun. Everything is a bit different there. ;)

Peter : No idea regarding ranks, I really don't count them much. All I can say is that my own character is "level 4 (rank 20)" now.

dte : Do we get Coin Lords favor this way ? I didn't do Korthos on elite, because I feared - being a first-lifer again - I would be too much ahead of the group regarding xp.

Anyroad, as the people in the Feywild say ;) , I'm still planning do get through my Feywild Illusionist Enhancement tree. I will use another school as some kind of backup, but the Illusionist is my primary road now, since it is just too great for my curiosity to resist. ;)
As a Wizard, I'm not going the CHA route, though. Through 2 points in Harper tree I can get INT for melee fighting, too. If I understood things correctly.
Most enhancements in that tree seem to be neutral, though. Their descriptions explicitely say "highest of INT/CHA/WIS". A few are enabling CHA through the Familiar, but as a Wizard, I don't put points into that, of course.

I think that the Illusionist could or would ? be played rather as a melee character, similar to the Eldritch Knight. However, there are ranged spells with Force, too. Which I'm planning to focus on. (Now completely fixed, though. I'm making up my mind on the go, because I really don't have experience with that tree. I'll take what makes most sense and seems to be trongest).

I think I had somewhere already written that those Illusionist Shadowblades are Shortswords. (One can give normal weapons Force damage through other Illusionist spells as well.)
From that i had deduced that Drow with Vulkoor as a Deity could get a Favoured Weapon bonus, since Drow -> Vulkoor -> Shortswords.
Swashbuckler can give a Shortsword bonus as well, if I understoof that tree correctly.
I have an yet unused bard mule with which I'll try that : Swashbuckler + Illusionist, going the Charisma route.

While I can't really afford it, I haven't spent much on the game recently, so I've forked out the AUS$60 for the standard edition so that the group can all play the new content. I don't need unicorns!! :)
You had some time before you needed it and Santa works in strange ways, but that will work.

OK. I will TR my sorc to level 4 ready for running level 2 harbor quests next Friday.

Did you get far into level 4 or just at the start. Just so I place myself at the right rank by eating those XP stones.
Pretty much just across the line. Not even first rank complete.

dte : Do we get Coin Lords favor this way ? I didn't do Korthos on elite, because I feared - being a first-lifer again - I would be too much ahead of the group regarding xp.
Some of the harbor quests will give Coin Lords, but the big boost will come from Waterworks and Sharn Syndicate. Those two by themselves will get you 81 favor which gets you tier one.

We could run Kobold assault, where there is smoke and captives for coin lords favor too. All are level 3. Is Irestone inlet, Proof in the poison also on the menu (level 4 coin lords quests)?

I guess TBC is out so we will run the Fey quests instead. That means Irestone Inlet isn't as important because we won't get the saga with Irestone, TBC and Sentinels.

If we skip some of these quests we can also get to 150 coin lords from lordsmarch 1+2, Invaders. Even Chronoscope gives coin lords favor. Inspired Quarters 1+2 can also provide Coin Lords favor. It's more than 600 Coin Lords favor possible.

So I don't mind if the plans for this life are a bit different from the usual house K and Coin Lords quests we run.

Unfortunately we don't have many choices regarding Kundarak favor. It's probably either VON 1-6 or Red Fens. Or both and fewer lower level quests. Ataraxia is probably on the menu since Corwin likes that area. Made to order is a quest giving Kundarak favor we rarely run. It's 342 max favor possible.

Some of the harbor quests will give Coin Lords, but the big boost will come from Waterworks and Sharn Syndicate. Those two by themselves will get you 81 favor which gets you tier one.

I know that ;) , but my question was rather intended like : Which ones of them do we run ?

Sharn Syndicate is a "must play" for every character in my list, because of that, and because it is still one of the packs I enjoy most.

Unfortunately we don't have many choices regarding Kundarak favor.

Yes, I once wrote about that even in the "suggestions" sub-forum of DDO.

I know that ;) , but my question was rather intended like : Which ones of them do we run ?
As quick as they are, most likely all of them except Stealthy Repossession which only gets run for 5000 favor runs and generally far over level even then because it's awful.

I do fully agree with its being awful !!! :D

As quick as they are, most likely all of them except Stealthy Repossession which only gets run for 5000 favor runs and generally far over level even then because it's awful.

You don't need to hit Stealthy Repossession for a 5k favor run. In fact, I doubt you even need to hit epics at this point. Mine was done a couple expansions ago and I skipped that and the horror of Necro 3.

Plan change for me : I've got to do some important work for my family this Saturday. I wanted to do it on Thursday, but things weren't good that day.
Means I need to be not tired, because I have to drive a lot.
Means that I won't participate, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom