Sunless Sea - Free Weekend on Steam

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Sunless Sea is free to play on Steam this weekend if you've been waiting to try it out.

Sunless Sea, developed by Failbetter Games, actually left Early Access a year ago. It puts you at the helm of a Steampunk steamship and sets you off to explore a great, dark, top-down sea in the faux-Victorian universe of Fallen London. The Steam description is succinct: “Lose your Mind. Eat your crew. Die.” Despite some flaws, it pulled in a very healthy score of 80 in our review, and we recently got our first look at the new Zubmarine DLC that's in the works

Sunless Sea will be playable for free until 5 pm EST on January 31—that's Sunday—while Fractured Space, as mentioned, is a keeper as long as you pick it up before 7 am EST on February 1. If you like what you see, they're also on sale for the weekend: The Fractured Space Forerunner Pack is half-price—that's $5/£3.50—while Sunless Sea is 40 percent off, taking it to $11/£8. Both sale prices are on until February 1.
More information.

More information.

IMO the best game of 2015 hands down, and I can highly recommend it to people who like text, strategy, immersion, high difficulty and figuring things out on their own. A true and quite well-polished gem :)

Hard to say which games are like this one, so you should experience it for yourself. But reserve some time doing it, this is not a game you play casually at first.

I'm familiar with this game, it is a great concept

Didn't like the game much. Interesting setting and atmosphere.
But the combination of "chose of your own adventure" and roguelike didn't work out at all. When playing I recommend to drop the roguelike option as the only thing it adds is repetition as it's not randomly generated enough in order to stay interesting.

Back
Top Bottom