One Samurai: Dusk - Developer Blog

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
You can follow the development of One Samurai in this blog. It has 13 entries already.

From Steam:

OneSamurai: Dusk is a turn based tactical RPG set in the Kamakura Era of Feudal Japan. Experience a choice based narrative In the Shogunate of Kamakura, quarrelling clans war against one another and on the silk road the eyes of Kublai Khan and his Mongol Empire turn east.

Story

The year is 1274 and the Kamakura Shogunate is celebrating the 82nd year since its establishment by Minamoto no Yoritomo. The current shogun Prince Koreyasu is also celebrating his 10th birthday under the regency of Hojo Tokimune. But all is not as stable as it seems. Only 16 years earlier the ruling Goryeo dynasty of Korea was forced to swear fealty to Kublai Khan the grandson of Genghis Khan and his Mongol Horde. Kublai Khan has aspirations to conquer from the coast of the Atlantic to the coast of the Pacific and his gaze may soon fall east. Inside Japan’s borders itself many different clans vow for land, power and strength and some for the chance to eventually rule the land of the rising sun for themselves. You start as a single man with no clan, land, power or strength but in end may have the potential to divert the course of Japanese history.

Features

• Turn based tactical combat.
  • Stats based levelling.
  • Open world with over 50 unique villages, towns, cities and castles.
  • Over 150 quests covering events of Kamakura shogunate and clan quarrels.
  • Over 30 Different Clans who you can both help and oppose.
  • Different classes with different play styles.
  • 3 different companions with different play styles to complement your own or oppose it.
  • Decisions system which can change the outcome of the final game.
  • Ability to import character from this game to next.
  • Chance to help clans in territorial conflict and increase their personal strength.
More information.

Yay for an historical setting. Expeditions: Conquistador made me interested in those.

The first episode Dusk will be out this summer.

Looks nice. It's officially on my radar. I think I said that once before but it's official now. :p

I like the setting. This could be a fun game, but hopefully devs aren't shy about making combat dangerous and realistic even if it is turn based. And there better be decapitations, seppukus and all that good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom