Fallout 4 - Peter Hines responds to Creation Club Criticism

How stupid does Pete Hines think his customers are?

Have to give him credit, this guy is expert at lying and playing "innocent" on their part.

On cancelled Prey, after Bethesda for some reason tried to buy Human Head studios, even with "clearly" not liking public reception and it's direction:

” I don’t want to go through and talk about stuff like, well, he said this and we said that. I want those guys [Human Head] to have every success and to not have to keep bringing up this thing. Games get cancelled. It happens. Marriages go bad. It happens.”

Hillarious he's claiming "property" based on original idea...how many of those this Bethesda pick up from mod community? ( settlement mod for Fallout III: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/7070/?)

Kind of impressed what they did here though...took them two years and somehow outdid that stunt with Steam.

How stupid does Pete Hines think his customers are?

Judging by logic/consistencies in writing/world design in their games? :p

I bet he loves his job. Likely a decent salary and a fun work environment. Plus he gets to spend part of his workday just shittalking in twitter and trolling hardcore rpg fans. :)

Horizon was created by one guy in a year in his spare time....its like a couple hundred high quality mods all rolled into one... if bethesda created it and released it as a $10 "dlc" i'd buy it in a heartbeat. Ive donated more than that to horizons creator anyways.

Im not opposed to paying for anything if its worth it, but ya, im sure creation club will never have anything that substantial in it.

Dick move by a dick company. I still love their (base) games though.

The good news is the negative consumer response has been too strong for Bethesda to ignore. Bethesda's defensive comments haven't resolved the problem. Bethesda is losing this battle. Perhaps they'll wise up and see that semantics can't solve this problem.

__

Pete and Todd...they can't say one phrase without having a lie in it.

But as long their die-hard fans are swallowing full those lies...I mean, seriously, just look on Steamspy at the Fo4 sales...

If this is Beth's response, then they are basically reinforcing another piece of criticism, that this is horse armour all over again. At least the way CC looks right now, content wise.

That guy should go into politics.

The entire studio is mired in a miasma of arrogance. After years of multimillion dollar marketing to a burgeoning video game industry, they interpret their stagnant, mass-marketed schlock as an unassailable model of quality. They deserve to fail and fail hard.

"Just because it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and is literally a duck..... Its clearly mini-DLC and not a duck."
- Pete Hines

"Just because it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and is literally a duck….. Its clearly mini-DLC and not a duck."
- Pete Hines

It's a duck mini-DLC, not a duck. Two very different things, in Hines' mind at least.

Anyway, the most funny part of the video was when the slimy guy said in a tweet "tested by our QA".

He was probably told to explain it like that if he wanted to keep his job…

The guy is the VP of public relations and marketing of Bethesda he is not told to do anything, he probably designed or green-lighted the whole shit-shop.

VP of Public Relations and Marketing is a title that doesn't quite capture the nature of Mr. Hines. I think Minister of Information would be better.

What really bugs me about this whole scheme is that Bethesda is apparently using this to add micro-transactions to games that did not have micro-transactions when purchased. Bethesda has to know that many owners wouldn't have purchased the game if it had MTs. So they add the MTs after the fact.

Bad news.

__

You like potato and I like potahto
You like tomato and I like tomahto
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto
Let's call the whole thing off...

Creation Club in a nutshell Mr Hines

Back
Top Bottom