.hack on PC (Last Recode)

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
Last edited:
battle.net exclusive? :p

I spent a fortune on the first .hack series, buying them at release and I didn`t even use the coupons they gave you. Couldn`t do it with GU and only got the first one. Been meaning to play it since then so I am welcoming this news.

It's out on Steam now:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/525480/hackGU_Last_Recode/

So it's the three episodes plus a new, fourth episode. There's also a recap of the first four games before G.U. and a "parody mode." Sounds like a lot of JRPG for your $50!

I see Kaldaien of FAR mod fame is looking at the game and posting screenshots.

Last edited:
From steam board pretty much controller only. I know a lot of jrpg players use controllers on pc but if you are a keyboard only person (like myself) just a heads up.

What the Hades!?

First, yes it DOES support keyboard/mouse - mostly keyboard by the sound of it. It's playable but you'll be better off with a controller.

Second, what did you expect?? Controllers have a couple of analog sticks on them. Mouse/Keyboard can't do that. AT ALL. A key is either pressed or it isn't, there's no "not pressed very hard" state. The mouse can kinda do it by measuring the speed the mouse is moving but you run out of room extremely quickly. Writing a game off as "trash" simply because it uses that feature is insane!

Go buy a controller. They cost about a tenth the price of a decent video card.

The problem is that controllers (for myself) just kind of suck. I don't enjoy using them. I ahven't since atari 2600. I do however like keyboard/mouse and yes just about any kind of game can be played very well with kb/m IFF the developer chooses to develop a proper kb/m interface.

Go buy a controller. They cost about a tenth the price of a decent video card.
I refuse to buy what I consider IQ insulting junk.
When I bought PC, I bought what's standard "equipment" for PC. Mushrooms are not sold with PC nor are advertised to be used with PC.

When the time comes I need a professional drone for some reason, then I'll probably buy mushrooms as it can't be operated with K+M on the field. For indoors use, and that's videogames, I will not change my horse for a donkey.

Any developer who pushes mushrooms on PC should just stop doing anything on PC. If PC audience wanted mushrooms, they'd have bought Nintendo Gameboy or whatever instead of PC.

Other than that, when was the last time anyone from PC audience came to console forums suggesting they should ditch mushrooms and use keyboard and mouse?

If a game on PC does not use standard hardware, that game should have the nonstandard hardware included with the product. I don't see the game in the title ships also mushrooms.

Last edited:
It's a PC, there is no "standard hardware." That's kinda the point.

True, there are only choices.
Mine is obvious. Incapability of coding, in this case it's K+M controls = get off my lawn.

I wonder if joxer held out on buying a mouse back in the late 80s early 90s because it wasn't PC standard equipment.

You mean times when PC was still trash?
Before PC I had C64 back then which means I did held back - a mouse was not C64 standard equipment so I wasn't buying it.

But also I don't remember any game on C64 threatening me that I must buy a mouse or else. I also don't remember people advertising mice without getting paid like these mushroomsdefending "preachers" on steam forums nowadays.

A fictional MMO with extra grinding and no mouse-support. This game must have been made to annoy Joxer :D

Nah. It doesn't resemble some possible Skyrim2. ;)

I never owned a mouse during the days of DOS. I think I had to get one when win 95 came out (I skipped that monster 3.1 though I had to use it for some contract work I did). It was the second time I realized that MS couldn't utter a word of truth. Ok long story short. I had a victor 9000 and some college prof wanted a graphic emulator. The sales man showed us manuals for various languages and it turned out that pascal supported direct access to the hardware. So we purchased it (was quite expensive in those days but $300 sounds on target). When we received a copy there was a white pamplet that said some features were missing on DOS. It turns out that 99% of the features to access hardware were 'missing'. In fact just about everything beyond the base language was 'missing'. What had happened is MS had ripped it off from a company that wrote it for CPM and barely had it running on DOS. Ended up buying something from a fellow in california (I think it was desmet-c). Ok it had a few minor bugs but when notified the developer would fix them in a day or two and mail me an update (remember this is before email - i was on the east coast and he was on the west coast - so the service was really quite fantastic). I'm sure today I would find it primitive but after introduction to MS way of business (scum bags cheated me out of 6 weeks salary - i was a student and restricted to 10 hours a week). Anyways that's my story on when I first started using a mouse. Don't you miss the days of apple 2e and msdos.
(I think this predated turbo pascal by a year or so - but soon after turbo pascal was on the scene and made ms look even more foolish).

My first mouse was a logitech (and it had 3 buttons while MS had just 2 and Apple's had just *laugh* 1 button) probably around 1990, it looked so slick too!
200610301828247.jpg

Back
Top Bottom