Arx Fatalis?

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch
Ho there, this one's been sitting on my shelf/whatnot for a very long time, decided to give it a go, finally.
Any recommendations before jumping in, mods that improve the whole thing while keeping true to original?

I stopped playing the game as the innovative magic system drove me nuts. Drawing runes with a mouse in real time was not my cup of tea... If there is a mod that get rid of this (unlikely as it is a core feature of the game) I'd love to pick the game up again.

That magic system was exactly the thing I love that game and recommend to everyone.

Yes, a very important one: You don't have many levels to rise. So chose what class you want to be and stick to it. If you change your mind, restart. Don't waste any precious points on combat, if you want to be a mage. Or the other way around. A bit of object knowledge won't do any harm to any class, though.

Plus, if you chose a mage, experiment with the runes. Not every possible spell's in the book.

Finally, if you get stuck on a puzzle, have a good look at your surroundings. There's always a hint on the solution in the game. Everyone who complains about too difficult puzzles just hasn't paid enough attention.

Apart from that, just enjoy.

That magic system was exactly the thing I love that game and recommend to everyone.

Indeed and you can "store" 3 pre-cast spells if I remember properly. After a while you just learn how to draw "fireball" real quick too.

New mod coming out (hopefully) that will work on top of Libertatis

Back
Top Bottom