Pillars of Eternity II - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire has been released today:

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Launch Trailer

Obsidian Entertainment and Versus Evil are proud to present Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, sequel to the multi-award-winning RPG Pillars of Eternity. This official launch trailer offers a thrilling snapshot of the multifaceted world of Deadfire, foreshadowing the seafaring encounters and desperate battles players will have to overcome, as well as the inscrutable figure of the god Eothas himself.

More information.

That's a bad launch trailer :(

But the reviews are very positives, well while reading the text, the score is lower than POE1 despite most of them saying Deadfire is better in every aspects.

That's a bad launch trailer :(

But the reviews are very positives, well while reading the text, the score is lower than POE1 despite most of them saying Deadfire is better in every aspects.

*Terrible launch trailer. lol… They should have taken notes from Inxile and their Torment trailer (which I thought was stunning, but maybe contained too much "spoiler-ish" story information.)

Deadfire better in every aspect, hmm. I'm so tempted but I have so many games I haven't even played yet. Sword Coast Legends for one (which actually seems like a much better game than the rumors were saying…)

The game is looking pretty good. I'll probably only play it next year, though, when it will be fully patched.

Deadfire better in every aspect, hmm. I'm so tempted but I have so many games I haven't even played yet. Sword Coast Legends for one (which actually seems like a much better game than the rumors were saying…)

Do you want hyperboles instead of "better in every aspect"?

A polish website (www.gry-online.pl) says this about Deadfire (translation taken from Reddit because I don't speak polish): The King returns. What Witcher 3 did for action-RPGs, Deadfire does for classic RPGs. PoE2 connects the scale of Baldur's Gate 2 with Fallout's free-form exploration, offering modern and multifaceted story.

*Terrible launch trailer. lol… They should have taken notes from Inxile and their Torment trailer (which I thought was stunning, but maybe contained too much "spoiler-ish" story information.)

Sword Coast Legends is really good once you accept it for what it is and don't expect a faithful adaptation of pnp rules. It took me 50 hours to complete and I do recommend playing on hard (it's only difficult at the very beginning) to keep things interesting. I think you may enjoy it considering the setting and characters.

Back on topic I've just finished a run through POE1 to prepare for Deadfire. The one thing I disliked was pathfinding so considering the smaller party size it should be less of a hassle.

Fingers crossed. ;)

Sword coast legends was imo a massive dissapointment. So much promise, but so little delivery. Sure it works as a casual fantasy action game, but so far behind the classics in depth and quality.

Sword coast legends was imo a massive dissapointment. So much promise, but so little delivery. Sure it works as a casual fantasy action game, but so far behind the classics in depth and quality.

Yes, it was a dissapointment for me and everybody else who was looking for a new BG. Their biggest mistake was to dumb down the level system. If you take it for what it is the game is not that bad. They pretty much nailed the Forgotten Realms atmosphere and lore. Took me 50 h to complete it on hard and I plan to do the Rage of Demons expansion also at some point (supposed to be around 10 h).

PoE II seem to be a worthier contender for the BG throne. So... is it any good? I was pretty dissapointed by PoE so I will sit back and play some more Battletech before I give it a go. Most importantly: How (fast/tactical) is combat?

PoE II seem to be a worthier contender for the BG throne. So… is it any good? I was pretty dissapointed by PoE so I will sit back and play some more Battletech before I give it a go. Most importantly: How (fast/tactical) is combat?

I'm in the same boat, will finish Battletech before I start considering tackling PoE2. Have to say I'm pretty exited about it though, PoE went from just ok to great between my two playthroughs (the first one right after launch and the second one last year with both the expansions). If they've learned their lessons from the first game the second installment should be stellar. It will also be interesting to see how the high level play feels, my party was pretty damn powerful at the end of PoE.

I think it'll eventually be a really good game, but I have no desire to play it now. Obsidian was tweaking PoE 1 for almost a year, and I expect they'll be making tweaks to PoE II as well. I'd rather play this 6-8 months from now when it's actually finished.

Are you around here, Mr. @Avellonne ?

Are you around here, Mr. @Avellonne ?
Doubt it and after his latest debacle he would be on my ignore list.:cool:

Now I just have to finish PoE and a few other games before I play PoE 2, and like I said on other threads players should wait for the expansions to be released this year.

16115_500.jpg

I have the shrink-wrapped collector's edition of the first game. I played the beta, but the game just didn't grab me. I'm not much into crpgs where you play a whole party. Might and Magic is the exception. I play those all the time. I used the ce box as a riser for my monitor :)

Well thus far no download key. Drumming fingers….

I thought the same, and then I looked at my pre order and I saw that they already emailed it to me a week ago.

I have the shrink-wrapped collector's edition of the first game. I played the beta, but the game just didn't grab me. I'm not much into crpgs where you play a whole party. Might and Magic is the exception. I play those all the time. I used the ce box as a riser for my monitor :)

you can solo play though, i've read several comments where people solo played pillars I and will do for II as well. of course, you miss out on some story though..

This is a game I'll definitely wait a bit to play. With so many classes/subclasses/multiclass combinations I bet there will be a bunch of balance adjustments in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom