Hero-U - Released

That's a problem for people like me who don't replay games. What the game doesn't show me in one playthrough is lost, so that's why I like to do everything I can and see everything there is to see in the game without time constraints.

Fair enough, I guess it is a matter of personal preference. I personally like it, especially when the game is designed specifically around it. This game has a set number of days, with various events taking place at different times and locations. So you are not just exploring the locations, you are exploring the timeline as well.

Many games are designed to be replayed, and indeed, for RPG style games, if a game is to have meaningful choices, there will need to be some degree of exclusion of content based on what you do. This could be fairly light, such as seeing different quest outcomes and having access to different abilities in KOTOR, somewhat more prominent in Gothic 1/2 where your choice of faction would determine to a large degree what quests you have access to through much of the game, or it could be like this game, Hero-U, where time management itself is a gameplay element.

It's an RPG. Having a time limit is just a different spin on choices and consequences.

Graphics is okay. Though the protagonist "male" hero is a prime candidate to run for the president of the LGBTQ++ movement. Maybe he is a genderless alien from Alpha Centauri.
The octogenarian jokes are straight out from a politically correct home of the elderly. Still game is not entirely insufferable, despite the annoying, stupid humor. Fonts could have been friggin bigger. :-/

I bought it on release day, mostly just to support the Coles. I didn’t get to dig very deep into it, just played about an hour, but it has a lot of that classic Sierra adventure game charm. I hope to get some time to delve further soon, but it seems like a solid title that will be fun to have in the library for those rare down-days. Definitely brought a smile to my face, and it’s priced right.

I've not touched my copy as of yet, but a friend has dipped his toe in and really is liking it. Reading and hearing good comments is the best kind of warm-up for me!

I played for about 20 mins just to check out it worked on my rig and it had a definite Quest for Glory 4 vibe about it!! It's probably more of a casual game you can play for a change of pace when you're in the right mood.

I hate Quest for Glory, that's all outdated designs that should be burried and forgotten.

Oddly, I like this game, at least it's beginning. I mean, I can kick the cat? Hell yes! Well it's not an optimal solution but whatever, had enough of political correctness towards animals and pets in games.
I guess the game added some additional charm. For me at least.

Poor kitty. I never kicked my kitty; I gave it lots of tender milk and cheese and in exchange it brought a mouse home.

I hate Quest for Glory, that's all outdated designs that should be burried and forgotten.

Oddly, I like this game, at least it's beginning. I mean, I can kick the cat? Hell yes! Well it's not an optimal solution but whatever, had enough of political correctness towards animals and pets in games.
I guess the game added some additional charm. For me at least.

Back
Top Bottom