NWN: Tyrants of the Moonsea

Pongo

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A new premium Neverwinter Nights module has been announced - Tyrants of the Moonsea

https://store.steampowered.com/app/...ghts_Enhanced_Edition_Tyrants_of_the_Moonsea/

From the blurb:

An expansion-sized high-level adventure with 20+ hours of gameplay
Use the world map to explore 18 areas in the Moonsea region including Zhentil Keep, Cormanthor, Thar, and prominent city-states.
Recruit from 5 different companions for your party
5 new monsters to do battle with
14 new character portraits
35 minutes of inspiring new music including exhilarating combat tracks
1,000 lines of new character VO

Sounds good to me :)

The first part of the trilogy - that was Siege of Shadowdale, yeah? I haven't played it. What didn't you like about it?

The first part of the trilogy - that was Siege of Shadowdale, yeah? I haven't played it. What didn't you like about it?

Hmm its been a while since I played it so I can't remember the detail but I felt its just very weak (average at the best) in all aspect. The story wasn't memorable, combat encounter design was mediocre, very short adventure etc. I did hear the second part (Crimson Tides of Tethyr) is much better but the first part was so meh it didn't give me any confidence, so I decided to pursue other modules like The Aielund Saga and Tales of Arterra instead.

Thanks. Hopefully the series did get better as it went on then!

Thanks. Hopefully the series did get better as it went on then!

Let me know your impression on the trilogy if you end up playing them :)

I may give them another shot sometime. I just felt it wasn't memorable at all compared to modules like Aielund.

Off topic but you might want to try Tales of Arterra if you haven't yet - it feels like tribute to PS:T.

Thanks for the recommendation - I'll add it to the list! Swordflight was meant to be my next NWN module, probably sometime later this year, but I might try this one first out of curiosity.

Hmm its been a while since I played it so I can't remember the detail but I felt its just very weak (average at the best) in all aspect. The story wasn't memorable, combat encounter design was mediocre, very short adventure etc. I did hear the second part (Crimson Tides of Tethyr) is much better but the first part was so meh it didn't give me any confidence, so I decided to pursue other modules like The Aielund Saga and Tales of Arterra instead.

Tales of Arterra was like a Baldur's Gate spin-off incredible mod what did you think of The Aielund Saga?

Tales of Arterra was like a Baldur's Gate spin-off incredible mod what did you think of The Aielund Saga?

I absolutely love The Aielund Saga (you can see that its my second favourite game of all time from my signature)!! I personally thought it is far better than Tales of Arterra.

It has fantastic plot, memorable companions/NPCs with their own lives, interesting world/lore… love it!

I've written a short review on it if you are interested to read:

https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/the-aielund-saga-review-412.html

Back
Top Bottom