Epic Tavern - A reverse-RPG game

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
KnowTechie reports on Epic Tavern which they describe as a reverse RPG game. The game is currently available on Steam Early Access.

I found that I actually had surprising control over the characters that I ostensibly wasn't in control of. The game sends you on a tutorial quest that is guaranteed to fail eventually, as it's the story catalyst of why things in the world are as bad as they are when the game begins. You do control heroes in combat by telling them what kind of roll to make (e.x. Aggressive or Cautious, among several options).

From there it's all about hedging probabilities. The best way that I can describe the level of control you have is one that goes well with the "sports management meets fantasy" pitch: You're more of a coach on the sidelines making broad suggestions and less of a player making micro choices.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

As the shop owner, do I get to buy gear off adventurers for 1/8th the price I charge for gear?

As the shop owner, do I get to buy gear off adventurers for 1/8th the price I charge for gear?

Even less if they don't invest the maximum amount of skill points into haggle / appraise.

Watch out for simple magic spells cast on items at the last minute to try and raise the price.

Also, be sure to wipe off any variables written on them before you compress them to 2 dimensional flatness to fit in your shop (that's the real reason you can carry that much crap and still straight out run flat with getting tired).

Back
Top Bottom