Place looks nice!

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch
One question. Will I be able to use my old Avatar on this new website? I can't seem to figure out how to upload that picture. Also, I like the darker color scheme, but that's just my opinion. I'm looking forward to spending time here on RPGWatch!

I agree!!

Love the look and the content. Would like to have an avatar as well. I imagine you have a lot to sort out before you get those going. :) Great job guys!!

Thanks. :) And yea, we still have a lot to sort out. And if there's problems with the layout it's probably my fault. ;) I guess the forum is only 25% finished, luckily those 25% make up for the most important parts.

Avatars are now working (again?). They were still disabled for some reason. You can also upload them to our server now.

Looking pretty great! I think I'd soften the white background just a bit--maybe a really pale grey.

Dte, try using the Dark background. Press the A next to Help at the top of the page!!

Looking pretty great! I think I'd soften the white background just a bit--maybe a really pale grey.

We tried awhite-ish blue, but it was too cold. Just use the black background and/or change the style at the bottom.

Lurker

I've been a lurker on the old site for years. I'm very happy to see the new site and hope to be a bit more active. Thanks for everything.

One question. Will I be able to use my old Avatar on this new website? I can't seem to figure out how to upload that picture. Also, I like the darker color scheme, but that's just my opinion. I'm looking forward to spending time here on RPGWatch!

I just copied the avatar to my computer from "the old site", then edited the size to fit the Watch and uploaded it. ;)

I'm having a lot of trouble with this avatar thing. How do you resize your avatar so it's not the size of a postage stamp, but it's still a small enough file for the website to accept?

Sir Markus: You can use a program like Irfanview (or photoshop, paint, etc) to adjust the size of your avatar (max is 80x80 pixels here if I remember correctly). Also, make sure it's a jpg file, because that seems the only extension that's allowed here.

Or you can send it to me (jaz@rpgwatch.com) and I'll resize and upload it for you.

I love the look - and more importantly the *speed*!

Dte, try using the Dark background. Press the A next to Help at the top of the page!!
Yep, definitely preferring the dark setup. One tweak for Arhu though--in the dark background, the blue text of the username gets lost on the blue band. Probably want to switch that font color over to white or grey.

I like the look of the new site (allthough I really prefer the Amber Watch style over Lapis Watch) and as mentioned before: I love the speed improvement compared to the old fora.

You guys purchased a hosting product from a third party, or bought a server yourself and placed it in a datacentre? (if you can't / won't answer this, no hard feelings ofcourse, i'm just curious)

Back
Top Bottom