What games are you playing now?

LOL, with those ringing endorsements maybe I'll just stay curious about Dungeon Lords then.

I'd say it's worth trying. It has a very rare old-school vibe that's very endearing, at least to me.

JDR is the kind of person who likes Duke Nukem Forever and Rage - so I'm not sure he's to be trusted with the recommendation thing :)

Hmm.. Dungeon Lords vs Duke Nukem Forever or Rage. We could name it "The Battle of Disappointments". :)

At least the latter are fundamentally sound in terms of stability and bugs though. Dungeon Lords is just a complete mess.

Playing ME3 still…. I'm at some academy where I have to rescue some students or whatever - but it's like combat scenario after combat scenario after combat scenario. It really feels like a grind. Too bad, because I was slowly adapting to the crap and getting into the story - but I can't stand these samey fights over and over.

Playing a few nwn 1+2 new mods and Europa Universalis III with the best mod MEIOU.

Last edited:
Hm, I think I'm slowly but steadily getting the hang on to SWTOR ... Having a German-language chat helps, too ...

Playing a few nwn2 1+2 new mods and Europa Universalis III with the best mod MEIOU.

I'm planning on playing a new game of EU3 with the latest beta patch (5.2 is it?). I've tried mods before but I always find them so very buggy (besides, I don't think they are adapted to the patch version)

Playing ME3 still…. I'm at some academy where I have to rescue some students or whatever - but it's like combat scenario after combat scenario after combat scenario. It really feels like a grind. Too bad, because I was slowly adapting to the crap and getting into the story - but I can't stand these samey fights over and over.

Yep, that location is particularly repetitive. Be thankful that the last battle is more of a challenge. ;) This is why I play an adept. With the right squadmates and warp explosions, battles are over in a snap. The less popamole the better, right? ;)

I am about 3/4 of my way through Omega. I like the big mine area, and the new companions that really compliment my adept well. But it's mostly fight after fight after fight. Not interesting from a story or lore point of view.

Last edited:
Still playing XCOM sporadically, but I've also been trying to play a few other games simultaneously which is something I don't normally do.

As much as I'm enjoying XCOM, I find that it's not the type of game that I can sit and play for hours on end. I've only been doing 1 or 2 missions per day and then I end up messing around with something else.

I also started playing Lord of The Rings: War in The North this week. I was in the mood for some mindles hack & slash, and WiTN scratched that itch nicely. I don't see it as something that I'll play through to the end though. Seems like it would be a lot more fun in co-op.

What surprised me of KOTOR was the pronounciation of the name : "Bastila".

American English pronounciation : "Bástila". (Accentuation on the a)
German pronounciation : "Bastíla". (Accentuation on the i)

Maybe that's because of the influence of the French language ?

I am working through GTA Vice City on the iPad ... best version of the game yet!

After waiting patiently for patches and feedback on the game, I am slowly giving into the notion of playing Diablo 3!
This is somebody who has not played it,not even a demo version. I swore I wouldn't but after firing up Dungeon Siege,Titan Quest,Sacred1 all in one week, I think I'm ready. Just bored as hell I guess.

I'm currently playing The Unwritten Tales (Steam sales a few days ago). Point & click adventure game. I haven't played one in a looooong time.

I also still play GW2 occasionally and started a BGEE Half-Orc Fighter/Thief axe using killing machine. Currently chilling out in Beregost until I decide the party next goal.

Crap ... now Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is out for the iPad, so naturally it is downloading on mine ...

Well, at least I held back from buying the latest Modern Combat (Gameloft's Modern Warfare clones for mobile) .. so I can grab it on sale and save a few $ :)

I am getting creamed near the end of Omega. I have no companions and have to flight off a slew of adjucants and soldiers while taking down generators on a timed mission to save Aria. This seems impossible with my adept who works much better in a team, but maybe it's because I haven't been challenged for a while and have become complacent. ;) Any pointers welcome!

Last edited:
Any pointers welcome!
I think it´s best to mostly ignore the enemies and just run around and override consoles/shoot generators as fast as possible, once that is done Aria joins the fray.
Also, on a likely redundant note, biotic explosions (since adept can achieve them alone).

Yeah, I tried that and got surrounded. I guess I have to get better at dodging and running away. ;) Biotic explosions don't seem to hurt the adjutants very much, even with their barriers down; two levels of protection - barriers + armor - is a bitch for adepts. I do have energy drain as bonus power but it's not strong enough to take down their barrier in one go, so takes a LOT of waiting for cooldowns just to get one out. This is at level 57 mind you. They are the deadly problem, unfortunately. The other enemies are cake.

They are the deadly problem, unfortunately.
Yeah, just try to avoid them till Aria´s back in the party. By that time they should also be somewhat weakened by Aria´s blasts that go off after each generator is destroyed.
I meant the explosions for quickly dispatching the other enemies, but it´s probably better to ignore them too :).

Back
Top Bottom