The Witcher - New v1.1a Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A slightly updated 1.1a patch has been released for The Witcher:
We have just released a new patch version 1.1a. The new patch replaces patch 1.1 and corrects a possible blocker bug that might occur in Act5.
"We've tried to fix as many problems as possible and provide a more stable version for the game as quickly as we could, hence the oversight. I'd like to ask everyone who hasn't yet installed the patch or has installed the 1.1 patch to update to version 1.1a." - said Jacek Brzezinski, Project Lead for The Witcher.
Installing the 1.1a patch will not cause any problems with existing saved games.
CD Projekt RED crew
More information.

They are "Johnny on the spot" with these patches. Witcher wasn't released too long ago and they've already released two patches for it. Well technically I guess it's 1 and a half but I hope they keep it up to shut up the critics who complain about the bugs. If the critics want to complain about bugs they should try the game I'm playing now Neverend. I really like this game but I'm tired of the CTDs.

The first patch came out around release day I think. Still has a lot of bugs including some ones that are impossible to miss from what I have read on the forums.

Another way of looking at it is that it wasn't tested and stabilized enough; otherwise it wouldn't need two zero-day patches.

That said, it strikes me as being overall pretty high quality work -- the rough edges I'ev seen are in the voice acting and dialogs. On the software side, I can count on one hand the warts I've encountered so far.

They probably run out of time limit of realsing game giving by Atari. But on the other hand they try to give you a patch and fix your problems as fast as they can.

Another way of looking at it is that it wasn't tested and stabilized enough; otherwise it wouldn't need two zero-day patches.

The new patch only replaces the old one. It corrects a possible blocker bug that might occur in Act 5.

I think there must be other improvements, as once I installed 1.1a over 1.1 patch the video tearing problems I am have, got better.

Back
Top Bottom