Realms Beyond - Tools Preview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A preview of the tools used for Realms Beyond. The Kickstarter has 5 days remaining and is close to funding.

Tools Preview, First Social Goal reached, Italian Version

Tools

In today's update we will show you a little preview video of our editing tools, which will be shipped along with the game as mod tools, so you can create your own scenarios and campaigns.

Our map editor allows you to texture and modify the landscape, place objects and effects, set the lighting and place creatures and NPCs on the map. It's a powerful editor which gives you a lot of options, but the map building process is quick and easy to learn.

The dialogue editor is just as easy to use and just as powerful. Easily write different conversation nodes and connect them with a click of your mouse. Add conditions to the different dialogue options, making them only available to certain classes or races. Or make them dependent on the player character's gender, or a certain skill or stat. With the dialog editor's script calls, you can implement a large variety of condition checks, and you can have NPCs react in different ways to the player's dialogue choices.

We use AngelScript as a scripting language, which is an object-oriented language based on the syntax of C++. This allows you to create all kinds of interesting scripts to spice up your campaign with the custom scenes you want it to have.

Realms Beyond provides you with powerful modding tools that are easy to learn and allow for quick and efficient mapping and dialogue scripting once you are familiar with them.

Have a look:

Social Goal reached

We have reached our first social goal! 506 people now follow our Facebook page and the fourth beer mug has been unlocked! We want to thank all our backers by including the Digital Art Book with many high res concept artworks of the game as a bonus.

Italian Version

We're overwhelmed by the interest of the Italian RPG community and the support of our Italian backers is tremendous. Therefore, we are happy to announce that we can finally confirm the Italian version of the game!

Once again, thanks to everyone supporting us! Stay tuned for new updates!
More information.

I'm likely not the one who will use the editor, but I can't wait to see (and play) what more talented people will come up with!

I hope they will have gameplay first!! Rather than a boring game with a superb editor..

I hope they will have gameplay first!! Rather than a boring game with a superb editor..

That is the benefit of a good editor -- they can focus their efforts on game play since the build tool will facilitate assembly of the game.

I will be making a Keep on the Borderlands with this editor. If I enjoy making that, part 2 will be, Against the Giants. :thumbsup:

I think that editor just got me to bump up my donation.

I think your late as some modder already re-made those mods in Neverwinter Nights years ago. Anyway let me now if you do as I wold play them again with this tool-set.

Yeah I played them for Neverwinter Nights. But you are late because they were made for Forgotten Realms-Unlimited Adventures. ;)

Yeah I played them for Neverwinter Nights. But you are late because they were made for Forgotten Realms-Unlimited Adventures. ;)
Damn but I never played those gold box or is it sliver box games?

Yep before my time as a quick google search shows.

220px-Forgotten_Realms_-_Unlimited_Adventures_Coverart.png

Didn't start playing PC games till Fallout and Baldur's Gate was released.

I'm a bit older but we both had great games to start with. You had Baldur's Gate and Fallout. I had Wizardry and Might and Magic. Bard's Tale also.

I really enjoyed the Keep on the Borderlands mod for Temple of Elemental Evil made by Circle of Eight.

I was worried for a while, but it certainly looks like they'll reach their funding goal.

I was worried for a while, but it certainly looks like they'll reach their funding goal.
Yep both this game and The Waylanders kickstarter look like they might be funded.:nod:

They both should make it unless something dire happens. I'm more concerned for Waylander, honestly I thought Realms would have made it a while back. Guess they are both victims of kick starter saturation, maybe.

Holy moly, that editor is fantastic. I look forward to see user made modules!! :D Maybe I will play around with the tool myself at some point just for shiggles.

This seems like a great editor... bravo!! I note with some disappointment that there is a potential legal battle between Bigmoon games and Ceres (I assume) over the Demons Age debacle. I hope this does not delay the release or further development of Realms Beyond as I am looking forward to this one. Seems odd as I don't really see the two games being conflated and neither has what you would call an original art direction.

Both stretch goals look interesting. Not sure they'll make the second one though, unless they continue adding contributions after the end of the campaign.

I note with some disappointment that there is a potential legal battle between Bigmoon games and Ceres (I assume) over the Demons Age debacle. I hope this does not delay the release or further development of Realms Beyond as I am looking forward to this one.

As far as I know that dispute should already be settled. Although, it was strange when Demons Age appeared back on Steam a week ago.

Edit:
Demon's Age seems to be gone from Steam again. O_O

Back
Top Bottom