Has Grimoire released yet ?

I thought Cleve had no sense of humour, and in that case he can't possibly have made this? Or he's just severely misunderstood… I assumed the video was a joke from someone at the Codex. Anyone know?

Last edited:
Is this a real promotional video made by the author, or is it a joke? - serious question

He (Cleve) is trolling. So you could say it's a joke.

Even if it turned out to be the best game of all time and if playing it meant you could live forever I would not support that ass clown.

Apart from the final two words (enter conflict avoiding, holier than thou pibbur), I can agree. Until an hour ago, that is. Now I think, given 20 years of vapourware, just around the corner (according to the developer) for 10 of them (or so) - I have to be part of it. Not for rational reasons, obviously.

pibbur who may very well disagree with himself tomorrow

First few minutes are explicitly anti-promotional, and this mocking golden baby face is just bad.

If it is the author that made this video, he is mocking his own work so why would anyone take whatever he produces seriously. Really sad.

This is very much Cleve's sense of humour - not actually funny, and largely intended to amuse himself at the expense of anyone who pays attention to him. He might release something one day, but he's done this dozens of times, and I would just ignore all the bullshit until such time as there's a game to download. And I wouldn't hold your breath.

Even if it turned out to be the best game of all time and if playing it meant you could live forever I would not support that ass clown.

I also agree with you in theory. On the other hand I bought Guns n' Roses albums even though Axel Rose was a real prick. So I'll probably buy Grimoire. If it actually releases.

I find the whole story of the game and the developer a bit … "impressing" …, in a (pathological) way. All those years, promising releases again and again … and again. Each time as if nothing happened - well… Reminds me of all the brave end-of-the-world prophets.

It is a long chain of BS, of course. However I do read every post about the thingie here. For the fun of it. Not for the information.

pibbur who foresees still many ears of "entertainment".

EDIT: Corrected a typo: "whole" not "holy" in the first line.

EDIT: And a few other typos, hoping not to introduce new ones.

Some of you guys are just unbelievable! You've been fed excrements for years and you seems to be ready to ask for the second helping...

If he really releases it, it will be on the GotY 2017 list without a doubt. :lol:

Some of you guys are just unbelievable! You've been fed excrements for years and you seems to be ready to ask for the second helping…

Let's speak in hypotheticals. Let's say the game gets finished. Let's say its complete and bug free and appears on Steam at a reasonable price. Let's say the reviews are positive. Are you saying, that you wouldn't buy it, because the man who made it is a nut who's been saying he'll release it for over a decade and gets insulted and spews obscenities when anyone contradicts him? Personally I'll let the product stand on its own merit if it ever appears. It's not like it was made with slave labor or animals were hurt to create it.

Let's speak in hypotheticals. Let's say the game gets finished. Let's say its complete and bug free and appears on Steam at a reasonable price. Let's say the reviews are positive. Are you saying, that you wouldn't buy it, because the man who made it is a nut who's been saying he'll release it for over a decade and gets insulted and spews obscenities when anyone contradicts him? Personally I'll let the product stand on its own merit if it ever appears. It's not like it was made with slave labor or animals were hurt to create it.

Separating the art from the artist, I agree. Or in this case, separating the madness from the madman...

Are you saying, that you wouldn't buy it, because the man who made it is a nut who's been saying he'll release it for over a decade and gets insulted and spews obscenities when anyone contradicts him?
Separating the art from the artist, I agree. Or in this case, separating the madness from the madman…
So the end justifies the means?
You two are also looking forward to play Shroud of Avatar?

So the end justifies the means?
You two are also looking forward to play Shroud of Avatar?

You raise an interesting point, and my answer to it is: … it depends.

His CHA and WIS (perhaps also INT) is certainly questionable, and he's not exactly lawful good. That is not enough to stop me fom buiying the game.

Deeply unethical/criminal methods used for making the product (child labor and such): Should be enough to avoid it (but to avoid hypocrisy, I'll have to question some other purchases I've made). Not ignoring ythe ripper's comment, but I think this, most likely, doesn't apply to the grimoire. Most likely.

What we're left with is that he's made a fool of us, even insulted some of us (pibbur not included) for years (I'll not go into similar things comitted by other developers/publishers). OTOH, it's only a game. I tend to reserve my principles for more significant matters. Still … I have to think about it.

pibbur who may already have started disagreeing with himself.

Cleve better hurry up with the Greenlight page. Word has it Valve is getting rid of it very soon and charging a fee of a few thousand bucks to sell a new game on Steam... Of course then poor Cleve would be forced to launch another Indiegogo campaign just to pay Steam's fee.

What people tend to forget is that there is a real game there which is a lot of fun to play. I'm one of the few people in the world to have played the full game (twice) several years ago. Why a game which needed a couple of months work (polish) has taken years to finish is beyond belief, but the game itself is excellent, even the 'beta' I played!! :)

In any case, the game deserves a fair review. So who is going to review it here @ watch? Corwin likely doesn't want to play it third time. :)

I only learned about this game few months ago, so I was spared all the drama so far. All I can comment is this promo. Beside the cringy humor, the game looks quite nice. I like the big selection of races and classes, and it looks like it will have a lot of puzzles, which I like. I also like the graphics, they remind me of Wizardry 7, which I think he is going for. All in all, a definite buy if reviews judge it good. And going by Corwin's post, I'm optimistic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom