[Kickstarter] Arcane- "An adventure-survival role playing game"

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform
Just came across this Kickstarter. Looks like it could be a nice game for anyone who likes some strategy / sim elements in their RPGs, but the primary focus is magic. And it's got a nice looking pixel art (doesn't look like deliberately retro for the sake of retro crap). Music is decent too. Going to check out the KS page in more detail but I think I'll back it. The digital copy tier is only ~$8.

doesn't look like deliberately retro for the sake of retro crap

Oh, am unsure on that.

Oh, am unsure on that.

I understand some people just hate all 2D pixel art. I can appreciate it when it is well done and in modern resolutions, and not just mediocre stuff clearly done for old school nostalgia feels. IMO, this is pixel art done well.

Great Graphics and Great Sound, just...I don't quite see any appealing gameplay there.

I mean I can see how this could get a Kingdom clone but that would be a little bit too obvious.

So let's see how it will develop. The kickstarter doesnt look too bright though.

Great Graphics and Great Sound, just…I don't quite see any appealing gameplay there.

I mean I can see how this could get a Kingdom clone but that would be a little bit too obvious.

So let's see how it will develop. The kickstarter doesnt look too bright though.

The KS page does appear to be scant on details, but I clicked on the link to download the game design document, which goes into a lot more detail as to how the gameplay will work. Hard to say at this point if this will translate into a fun game but I like the idea of an adventure RPG with a focus on magic spells, and some sim / survival game elements.

Back
Top Bottom