What games are you playing now?

Would anyone here like to talk about their experiences with Crusader Kings 1 Deus Vault as a response to my posts about Crusader Kings 1 Deus Vault?

I guess he expected to read you write about what you prefer from CK1 over CK2 or CK3?

Well, I was expecting an answer to a question rather than a smart ass response, but maybe lb wasn't in the mood that day. I didn't see a point in going down the line of why my question mattered.

Well, I was expecting an answer to a question rather than a smart ass response, but maybe lb wasn't in the mood that day. I didn't see a point in going down the line of why my question mattered.

I answered your question. The fact that you interpreted it as a 'smart ass' response is immaterial to whether it was a response that answered your question.

It wasn't a smart ass response, it was a sincere and exact response that had a follow up question as to why you were asking such a banal and already answered question.

To which you are the one who is now not responding and being a 'smart ass' about it.

I'm still romping through Eredia, I've advanced the main story/quest a bit and I'm working some side quests now, hoping to see some gear as possible rewards for the quest themselves or maybe while exploring new areas. I continue to be very impressed with this game, and anything done by this person in the future will likely be seized by me immediately.

Got burned out with Witcher 3 (currently in Toussaint) so that's on hold for the moment. I picked up an old playthrough of BG1:EE and am now in chapter 6. I never actually finished BG1.

Would anyone here like to talk about their experiences with Crusader Kings 1 Deus Vault as a response to my posts about Crusader Kings 1 Deus Vault?

Not sure if you're deliberately misspelling it as some sort of joke, but it's "Deus Vult" (as in, "God wills it" in Latin, the battle cry of the crusaders), not "Deus Vault".

Not sure if you're deliberately misspelling it as some sort of joke, but it's "Deus Vult" (as in, "God wills it" in Latin, the battle cry of the crusaders), not "Deus Vault".

Ah yes, the guy who opened the discussion yesterday and then ignored the response has come back to point out a typo an infer something about a typo.

What a great day to be a forum user!

dark souls 3

doing my first replay after the release back in 2016; replayed the first 2 as well before this one and coming after that, i feel this one is the worst of the trilogy, progression doesnt seem fun at all and a bit chaotic; also is the most linear out of all 3.

Ah yes, the guy who opened the discussion yesterday and then ignored the response has come back to point out a typo an infer something about a typo.

What a great day to be a forum user!

The guy who opened the "discussion" didn't feel like the response warranted a response. You're funny though. :)

dark souls 3

doing my first replay after the release back in 2016; replayed the first 2 as well before this one and coming after that, i feel this one is the worst of the trilogy, progression doesnt seem fun at all and a bit chaotic; also is the most linear out of all 3.

This is exactly my feeling. I also thought that the difficulty is a bit higher than the other two. My personal favorite is DS2+DLC (not the Scholar of the First Sin, which I thought they messed up with enemy encounters and balancing), followed by Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1.

Stop cluttering up this thread with passive aggressive wars of semantics.

I know, it's amazing isn't it, you just never know which game is going to trigger the flip-out-of-the-day do you.

Apparently Crusader Kings 1 is a woodwork shaker, who'd'a'thunked!

I'm playing Tyranny fler the first time. I'm surprised how much I enjoy it. I'm actually already considering replaying it to see what is different if I join the rebels.

I find the world and its magic system very well done and it feels somehow more real and believable than a lot of games I've played. I hope it keeps being good, though I've heard the ending is supposed to be a bit sudden and unsatisfying.

I'm playing Tyranny fler the first time. I'm surprised how much I enjoy it. I'm actually already considering replaying it to see what is different if I join the rebels.

I find the world and its magic system very well done and it feels somehow more real and believable than a lot of games I've played. I hope it keeps being good, though I've heard the ending is supposed to be a bit sudden and unsatisfying.
I really enjoyed the game, but my challenge was the combat. I couldn't keep playing but I found the atmosphere and lore amazing. I really enjoyed that.

I really enjoyed the game, but my challenge was the combat. I couldn't keep playing but I found the atmosphere and lore amazing. I really enjoyed that.

What didn't you like about the combat? Is it because it's RTwP, or did you just not like the way the encounters were designed? Just curious. I haven't played Tyranny yet, but it's on my list.

What didn't you like about the combat? Is it because it's RTwP, or did you just not like the way the encounters were designed? Just curious. I haven't played Tyranny yet, but it's on my list.
Well, I am not generally a fan of Rtwp, but I can manage it if the game really captures my attention in everything else. I played pathfinder kingmaker for 100 plus hours, I played through KOTOR 1 and 2 too.

But I feel like the combat doesnt feel tactical at all and just played very much on its own in normal difficulty.

It didn't seem to matter what I did, I just pressed skill 1, then skill 2,then cool down of skill 1 is finished so press it again.

To be honest, if you like Rtwp, take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Yes, it's also a problem for me. Battles are more tedious than fun. Maps are small with not enough exploration. Too much railroading.

The overall concept is pretty cool, original and enjoyable. It's rare to have so much "politic" in a rpg and it's great. But I also feel that the world-building behind the game is pretty shallow.

Desperados 3.

I discovered Shadow Tactics a couple of years back out of the blue. It doesn't surprise me that desperados 3 is from the same developer. It just breathes shadow tactics (graphics, mechanics, ...), except it is in a western setting, and I'm loving it. I think they aren nailing the genre for today's audience and are doing most things, if not all, right. Fast loading and saving, mechanically very sound with the types of enemies, available skills, etc.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing things right by killing everyone. I mean, just crossing a square seems impossible without eliminating almost all guards. Perhaps I just need some practice...

@xSamhainx; , I'm playing the Dryad/Nature campaign in AoF3 and really enjoying it. They continuously add a bunch of cool, interesting and useful recruits. My current party is pretty neat, and u definitely develop a unique strategy using your units as well as how u upgrade them. I'm growing fond of all of them like it's my own little army. :)

@JDR13; @Pladio;

The combat is typical RTwP, but at first there are very few skills, and the AI of the companions is very automated at default, which means there is seemingly little to do.

However, the magic system is very customizable and the amount of skills increase quickly after a while, so there can be a lot of tactics involved in the preparations for battles. Though in the normal difficulty I haven't had a lot of need to be very tactical when the fight is on. It's mostly choosing effective damage types and interrupting and disabling enemies.

There are few random trash batlles, and little exploration, since the maps are small and focused on the quests and goals. There is less time spent exploring and more time spent pondering how to reply in dialogue to get the result and relationships one wants. Personally I enjoy it, but it is different from many other games in this genre.

Back
Top Bottom