Solasta - Barbarian and Druid DLC, Wishing Well Event

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Tactical Adventures announces two new classes that will come as a new DLC: the barbarian and the druid. Each will also include one subclass that will be designed based on suggestions from the fans.

THE WISHING WELL - BARBARIAN & DRUID COMMUNITY SUBCLASS DESIGN EVENT

Hey there folks!

Are you ready for more Solasta? That's right, today we're revealing part of our upcoming DLC - say hello to the Barbarian and the Druid. But wait, that's not all! As most of you know, ever since our Kickstarter we've been working hand in hand with our players - you - to make Solasta a better game, and that's why today starts the Wishing Well Event!

What is the Wishing Well?

The Wishing Well is an event where everyone gets to submit design ideas for the two Community Subclasses that we'll implement in-game for our first upcoming DLC - one for the Barbarian, and one for the Druid. We (Tactical Adventures) will be going through the submissions to select ideas that we find really cool, and either implement them as such, or tweak them to fit the game (for instance if the feature sounds really great but is too complex to implement, we'll adapt or simplify it). Of course, the name (or nickname) of those we'll use ideas from will be added in the game's credits as Community Designers.

When is the Wishing Well taking place?

The Wishing Well starts now and ends on Sunday September 5th at 11:59 pm PDT.
Check the link for further details.

More information.

I will buy this dlc when it comes out for the same reason I bought the first Battle Brothers dlc when it came out. And thats to reward the designers for a good game, and because at some point I will be replaying this.

Not really great DLC in my opinion. Rather buy story DLC but yeah I know tiny sized developer. So they wont have the resources or team to do so. Just my opinion.

Anyhow this game ins't another NWN and will never will be.:(

I personally thought the OC NWN campaign was the weakest Bioware campaign of its time, and didn't think the first expansion was much better. I have enjoyed the Solasta campaign much better.
I don't know how the editors compare, though I think there has up until this day never been a game that had such a robust editor, and so many good community built campaigns as NWN had.

Not really great DLC in my opinion. Rather buy story DLC but yeah I know tiny sized developer. So they wont have the resources or team to do so. Just my opinion.

Depends on the price, we'll see. It's "small" but they say it takes time to make, and they don't have many classes so they may want to avoid waiting for a new campaign before releasing it. But yeah, I'd rather have a more substantial DLC too (not that I care until they fix whatever performance problem they have that overstresses the GPU).

Quoting their CM:
It will be a paid DLC
making new classes take quite a bit of time
but don't worry, there is free content coming with the paid DLC
so even if you don't have money, you're in for a big upgrade!

I personally thought the OC NWN campaign was the weakest Bioware campaign of its time, and didn't think the first expansion was much better. I have enjoyed the Solasta campaign much better.
I don't know how the editors compare, though I think there has up until this day never been a game that had such a robust editor, and so many good community built campaigns as NWN had.
IIRC BioWare had spent a lot of time on the design of the engine, the tools, and ran out of time for the campaign. Solasta took another approach, but mainly they were limited in budget and took better decisions.

The current Solasta editor is very basic in comparison, it's not even possible to create a proper quest. It's very combat-oriented. But they're still working on it.

But the druid class should be a good addition. Now my group will be a Ranger, Druid, Barbarian, and Green Mage. They will all go into battle naked and frolic in the forest. Also, take many a psychedelic mushroom. GOD BLESS THOSE PAGANS!

I will buy this dlc when it comes out for the same reason I bought the first Battle Brothers dlc when it came out. And thats to reward the designers for a good game, and because at some point I will be replaying this.

You just mentioned the two games I have gifted to many friends. You have good taste there big fella :thumbsup:

This game keeps getting pushed back into my queue because of announcements like this. :)

I was thinking about doing another playthrough but will definitely wait to try out the druid. The barbarian is so overpowered in 5e, I'm not sure I will use one.

Back
Top Bottom