Non-RPG General News - Terra Invicta

Redglyph

proud GASP member
PartyElite has posted a video on Terra Invicta, an upcoming sci-fi strategy game. Thanks @henriquejr;!

TERRA INVICTA | NEW Sci-Fi Space Grand Strategy Gameplay & Details - Strategy Game 2021

Terra Invicta is an upcoming sci-fi grand strategy game developed by Pavonis Interactive - the folks behind the Long War mods for XCOM and XCOM2. Terra Invicta is set in the near future, pitting humanity against an extraterrestrial threat - with it's grand scale and scope, Terra Invicta feels like a video game homage to The Expanse, and as we look at some Terra Invicta gameplay and details today, it'll be clear to see how this sci-fi strategy game approaches the genre with a grounded, 'hard sci-fi' approach. Set to release in 2021, Terra Invicta is looking to shake up sci-fi strategy gaming, and I'm very excited to see it in action.

• 00:00 - Intro
  • 00:28 - A Tense Setup - The Basic Premise
  • 02:50 - The Human Element - Aliens Aren't the Only Enemy
  • 07:50 - Space is Big and Hard - War Across the Entire Solar System
  • 10:39 - Custom Ships and Bases - Design with Strategy and Science
  • 13:23 - Epic Space Battles - Hard Sci-Fi, Long Ranges, 6DOF
  • 16:06 - The Future of Terra Invicta & Outro
More information.

I can't wait to play the finished version. Once again thanks go to both of you.:thumbsup:

This game looks horribly complicated (in a good way). Thanks for sharing! Will certainly keep an eye on it. I don't think I dare to try it right after release. Will rather wait a bit until the inevitable bumps have been flattened out. If someone tries it, please let us know what you think.

-Largh (who has been following this site, even though I have not commented anything for a while)

That looks very ambitious and pretty amazing. I like their simulation of the solar system, the sense of scale, and how spacecraft maneuver. It looks like a game I'd completely lose myself in.

Just one niggle: why do the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg appear as a single entity (BeNeLux) on the geoscape?

Back
Top Bottom