Graywalkers: Turn-based Tactics CRPG, inspired by XCom,FO,JA for Windows, Mac, Linux

Entropy

Graywalkers.com
Graywalkers: Tactics CRPG (Strategic and Tactical Turn-based supernatural post-apocalyptic RPG inspired by old-school Fallout, X-Com, & Jagged Alliance, plus Magic!)

We are back on Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/project...walkers-purgatory-turn-based-post-apocalyptic

RPGWatch interview: http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=263&ref=0&id=606

Coming out for Windows, Mac and Linux. PLAYABLE pre-alpha combat demo is available at http://graywalkers.com/Demo.html
(In Demo: Hold down middle mouse button and move mouse for camera control; mouse wheel zooms in & out)
———————————————————————————————
Entropy
Graywalkers RPG Team
Twitter: @graywalkersgame
FB: https://www.facebook.com/Graywalkers
http://graywalkers.com
B0PDKYRIgAAFiVX.jpg:large

B0P17czIQAIEeq9.jpg:large

sc4.jpg

1994bae645df4120c908e4539139ff2c_large.jpg

Please help back this kickstarter everyone as the developer deserves it after all the hard work they have put into the project. I don't want to see them fail once again.:please:

I'm sort of surprised this has not gotten more attention. I backed both attempts already and dont understand lack of commitment. I can only say that they are drowned out in the sea of kickstarters or something. Anyway I have far more belief in their ability to execute than the JA team though 40K is really not a lot of money but anything helps I suppose. I haven't played the demo but looks good from what I can see from the video.

I've kicked in and gotten three others to do so as well. I'll get more to pledge when we get together this weekend. Gotta support things like these, this is why we get nice things sometimes!!!

@figment: Yeah, we don't get it, either! This game is exactly the kind of turn-based SRPG fans from such sites such as this one want. Yet, here it is, but they have not been turning out in the expected numbers. Ah well, please do what you can to spread the word; that is all we can ask!

As far as the 40k goal not being enough I will say this:
We address this on our KS page. The simple answer is we are (and have been) funding it ourselves. More may come in from investors; this is not necessary for us to finish the game, but it will improve it (similar to KS funds). Pledge to help us make a better game, and do it more quickly.

Longer answer:
We are currently funding the game ourselves from resources we've secured the past year since our last failed Kickstarter. Also, we are in talks with various investors who are interested in funding the game. The Kickstarter is meant as a proof of concept showing that the game has enough support from the community, and hopefully this will encourage them to invest more funds into the project. Lastly, the money we make from this Kickstarter is meant as an accelerator, speeding up development and improving quality, rather than depending on it fully for the game to be made.

@Carnifex & Couchpotato: Thanks so much! We really appreciate your support!

Last edited:
On the bright side, this campaign has already garnered over 250 more backers than the previous campaign. The only reason it hasn't already hit the $40K goal is some of the previous high backers didn't return for the relaunch (or possibly they're just pledging at a lower tier for whatever reason).

Perhaps this is just another example of the whole "Kickstarter fatigue" / growing skepticism of KS game projects. It's understandable, really. We can thank the funded projects which were outright abandoned or otherwise considered huge disappointments for that. I feel like if this exact same KS project had launched in late 2012, they probably would've been able to raise $100K.

If Obsidian does another KS game they can probably rake in a couple million bucks but people are increasingly skeptical of projects from unknown developers. A lot more people are taking a "wait and see" approach to them. The alpha demo helps a little to show some proof of the developer's capabilities but there are still going to be doubters until the game is released. Even though this campaign deserved to raise more, I just hope the $40K goal is met. It looks like it probably will.

I backed this before and I'm backing it again. It may be 'kickstarter fatigue' as you say, I know a year or so ago I would back anything that said 'turn based' and/or 'tactical combat', while nowadays I read carefully and am more 'picky' about what I back. I haven't had any disappointments so far in my kickstarters (except for delayed releases), but while a year ago I was starved for games I liked, now I'm swimming in them. Still, even with my increased 'pickiness' this game is still one I want to see succeed.

Late to the party but getting in on backing this one ... Glad you made it this time and good luck!

A new update was released last month that wasn't covered on the front-page.
Belated Happy Cinco De Mayo to everyone!

Hello Graywalkers and I hope everyone is having a merry May so far! It's been about a month since had our last update. We apologize that we haven't been able to update as much as we would like. The good news is that we've been using up the time to develop the game. Let me get you all up to speed on what's been happening on our end.

NEW GRAYWALKERS SYMBOL

We've been working on a new icon for Graywalkers and we've found one we like. We would like to share it with you and get your opinions on it if you like it or not. The symbol basically say "36" in Hebrew. The two Hebrew letters for 36 are the lamed, which is 30, and the vav, which is 6. Therefore, these 36 are referred to as the Lamed-Vav Tzadikim. Just in case we might be mistaken with our research, we would love to hear from those with first hand intimate knowledge of the subject for corrections and improvement.

INVESTOR

We've been fortunate that a minor investor has come in and put in some money into the project. The most we can tell you is that he was a backer and was impressed with the game that he decided to help us even further. So our love goes to you and thank you from the entire Graywalkers team.
In addition, we are currently in talks with a major investor who wants to put in funds not just into the Graywalkers project but also in the company as a whole. Hopefully that pushes through.

TEAM

We're currently still recruiting but the full time team on the game is now at 8. In addition to these are people who work on the project part time or are contractual to fulfill certain roles in the development. We plan on adding at least two more 3d artists and 2 more programmers to the full time team once we find the right people.

We've recently just readjusted our work flow and things are now much smoother. We're finally beginning to get into a good pace with the development.

Another update was released yesterday.

Hello Everybody! It's June already and we're halfway through the year. Time flies by so fast when you're busy I guess. Our update was a little late but we hope we can make it up to you with the content of it. For this update, we're introducing to you the current team working on the game, new creatures, new weapons and we're also introducing some of the new potential Graywalkers you may find in the game. During the Kickstarter we gave you some info sheets on some of them, but there were quite a number that we showed then and the past updates that did not have a description of who or what they are. We plan to solve that starting today. We will be posting a few of the potential recruits every update. The question we have though, do you want to know all or most of them, or would you like most of them to be a mystery. So far we've only introduced 1/4th of the recruits, so there are many more still out there. Please let us know you're thoughts on this if ever.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ory-turn-based-post-apocalyptic/posts/1255733

Back
Top Bottom