Survivalist - An Open-World Zombie RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I received news of a game called Survivalist from developer Bob the Game Development Bot. His game has been available on Steam for a few months with positive reviews.

It's one year after the collapse of civilization and self-centered hedge fund manager Joe Wheeler emerges from his specially constructed bunker in search of food. This is a huge open-world Role Playing Game where you have the freedom to play how you want - but your choices have consequences. Your aim is to find other survivors, gain their respect, and build a community. You'll scavenge for supplies, trade, plant crops, go on quests, face moral dilemmas, go to war, and uncover dark, terrible secrets!
We also added the game to our Steam Curator list thanks to HiddenX.
Challenging open world sandbox RPG. Try to survive with tactics in a post-apocalyptic world infested by zombies. Good indie game for a fair price!
More information.

Interesting! Got the game from some Greenlight bundle long ago, but didn't have the chance to play since it came out on Steam.

Looks like it's worth a try! Thanks for the reminder!

Well bought it for myself just because of this comment, which made me look into the game a bit, which obviously rjshae didn't.

Looks cool, thanks!

You recommend that I should buy a zombie survival game in order to see if it is a zombie survival game? Interesting... :p

You recommend that I should buy a zombie survival game in order to see if it is a zombie survival game? Interesting… :p

Nope, I thought your simple dismissal of it without actually looking into it made me buy it.

Well then maybe you can put together a review for us and then we'll find out if this really is unique. :)

Thanks for posting this. I recall checking this out some time ago. I will be buying this in my next round up of games. Looks kind of cool hehe.

Well then maybe you can put together a review for us and then we'll find out if this really is unique. :)

Well only played for maybe 15 minutes but it does have a lot of charm. It feels neat as you wander about and meet new people. Definitely has a rpglite feel though. Graphics are very basic but it has some neat mechanics as when you search houses you enter then look at the inventory inside....

One neat thing is one of the starting characters has diabetes and requires insulin which you have to get. Seems like it could lead to some interesting problems with other ideas in that vein.

Back
Top Bottom